What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

T2 was great and crap for exactly the same reasons as the original. More like a cinematic Tribute Act than a sequel for me. The cash machine episode (including the wee improvised club performance before) was funny, mind - although I'm not sure the gag translates that well. I've had to explain it to a few friends down here.
To be fair, the ATM scam is one of the few elements that is actually taken from the book.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You know I monitor cheap tropes about The Rangers.  Maybe next time you'll avoid posting like a fud.

Maybe that whole scene was a 'cheap trope about The Rangers'  whatever that means. 

Nevertheless, the predictable PIN used to extract the cash, which was effectively a punch line to the joke,  was funny.  (Well, I found it funny, art is subjective .  .  .  blah, blah .  .  . )

American Son (2019)

Saw this on Netflix and it's a pretty good 'bottle' movie, all taking place in the confines of a Police waiting room. There are only 4 characters and it's all very tense as an estranged interracial couple try to find out about their 18 year old son who has gone missing. Prejudice and racism come to the fore and there are good twists before the final reveal.

7.5/10

The Bourne Identity. The first and the best in the series of films  and the movie that made James Bond up his game .

303 Squadron, slightly disappointing not enough action to much of a love story for my like a bit like the awful remake of Pearl Harbour 

On 21/04/2020 at 14:45, SpiderDee said:

Midsommar (Amazon)

What the feck did I just watch 

Great movie. Morbidly funny and the right level of grim. The consensus among everyone I know is that the boyfriend deserved it on balance.

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Great movie. Morbidly funny and the right level of grim. The consensus among everyone I know is that the boyfriend deserved it on balance.

Not sure he deserved to be drugged, sewn in to a bear, and burned alive.

Probably a bit much there.

Great film mind. Absolutely loved the visuals and the colours. My parents have seen it too and they're both 60 so I'm now telling them that they have 12 years left and to start looking for a large rock.

17 hours ago, scoobles said:

Bone Tomahawk
Can't think why I never watched it before.
Doesn't skimp on the violence and has Lili Simmons, what's not to like.
I'll never attempt the splits again tho

I watched this recently too. The synopsis warned it was strictly for adults only due to "extreme, horrific violence", and it didn't disappoint.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not sure he deserved to be drugged, sewn in to a bear, and burned alive.

Probably a bit much there.

Great film mind. Absolutely loved the visuals and the colours. My parents have seen it too and they're both 60 so I'm now telling them that they have 12 years left and to start looking for a large rock.

I liked all the nods to the Wicker Man in it, such as the dodgy blossom trees scattered about randomly.

REC 2 - more folk go into the quarantined apartment building from the first film. Dafties.

Really good sequel, going into a bit more detail about the background without spoiling everything. More thought behind it than most found-footage films, with overlapping narratives and similarly decent performances to the first film.

BigFatTabbyBoy was silent throughout this, which must be some kind of miracle. He's desperate to see #3 now, but I've already warned him he's in for a bit of a letdown  :(

[REC] and [REC] 2 are maybe my favourite horror films although I haven't watched them in at least 5 years. The English dub where they get a southern Englishman to voice the racist auld Spaniard is a great bit of casting.

On 22/04/2020 at 02:06, The_Kincardine said:

You know I monitor cheap tropes about The Rangers.  Maybe next time you'll avoid posting like a fud.

For the avoidance of doubt that was a daft post and was meant to be funny but clearly wasn't.

On 24/04/2020 at 12:30, NotThePars said:

[REC] and [REC] 2 are maybe my favourite horror films although I haven't watched them in at least 5 years. The English dub where they get a southern Englishman to voice the racist auld Spaniard is a great bit of casting.

:lol:

That's getting watched.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

:lol:

That's getting watched.

Excellent films., so much so that you don't mind the subtitles. Although Rec 3 is a daft wedding caper Rec 4 wraps up the story well. Or does it?

One of my colleagues is a Mormon and a few years back I gave him a pirated disc of Rec 2 (yes it was that long ago). He gave it back the next day and apologised for not watching it due to the demonic slant the storyline took. The US Quarantine 2 remake went off in a different direction .

The Cable Guy 

3/10

I'm a big Jim Carrey fill and had never seen this before. It's pretty brutal. Very few laughs and a deeply unlikable main character that had no redeemable qualities.

Total shit actually.

Metallica: Through The Never

5/10

The 5 is all for the music. It was a weird cross between sort of staged live performance and an attempt at a film. Very odd and didn't work. Would rather just a Metallica live show.

6 hours ago, glassnahalf said:

Excellent films., so much so that you don't mind the subtitles. Although Rec 3 is a daft wedding caper Rec 4 wraps up the story well. Or does it?

One of my colleagues is a Mormon and a few years back I gave him a pirated disc of Rec 2 (yes it was that long ago). He gave it back the next day and apologised for not watching it due to the demonic slant the storyline took. The US Quarantine 2 remake went off in a different direction .

I didn't know there was a REC 4, will need to watch that. REC 3 gets slated but is actually pretty decent once you get past the wedding. Unfortunately that isn't until about half an hour gone. Just watch it and fast forward to the first killing and you won't miss anything IMO.