What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

They Live (1988)

John Carpenter's two fingers up to consumerism, greed & inequality.

Rowdy Roddy Piper kicks alien & human arses.

"Life's a bitch & she's back in heat"

Classic 10/10

I have come here today to chew bubble gum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Blue Story

Based on real life experiences of life growing up in the London borough of Lewisham, between waring rival gangs conflicts over each others territories being invaded
I found it hard to follow the black London lingo at times but the violence was pretty hard hitting. The guns that were used on film sounded more like cap guns though. Decent enough watch.

6.5/10

Electra Glide in Blue

A slightly inept highway patrol cop investigates a murder in 1970s Arizona. It's cool film with a beautiful cinematography. A lot of long shots of endless roads through Monument Valley. The movie is dated but is a decent time capsule of the hippy counterculture era.

7/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Unicorn Store (Netflix)

Twee cutesy stuff about loving yourself and not giving up/in.

I can see why many folk detest it.

I can also see why many folk love it, as I'm one of them. Had a wee tear running down my cheek at one point.

7/10.

Movie 31 (Me) -- Fighting With MY Family 7/10. Been meaning to see this for a while. A bit cringey, a bit making a movie by numbers, but it was good fun and The Rock and Nick Frost and Stephen Merchant (together at last)  put in a decent turn and the final fight between Paige and AJ Lee was better in the movie than it was in real life.

Movie 32 (Missus) -- Moana 8/10.  Enjoyed this far more than I expected to. The animation was so beautiful and while I could've done without most of the songs, Eddie Izzard, and the Yoda grandmother, it held my attention and gave me goosebumps at the end. Lovely stuff, all the better when I discover that it's based on actual south Pacific mythology.

8 hours ago, MSU said:

Movie 32 (Missus) -- Moana 8/10.  Enjoyed this far more than I expected to. The animation was so beautiful and while I could've done without most of the songs, Eddie Izzard, and the Yoda grandmother, it held my attention and gave me goosebumps at the end. Lovely stuff, all the better when I discover that it's based on actual south Pacific mythology.

Eh?

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

The Eddie Izzard bit, which I bolded to draw attention to it.

Yeah. Doesn't look bolded. The missus informed me that he was the massive crab. That would appear to be bollocks. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Escape From Pretoria.

Daniel Radcliffe and Daniel Webber play white ANC activists in South Africa during apartheid who end up in jail for distributing leaflets.....although by small explosions right enough. The film is about their attempt to escape over a long period of time. Decent film and quite tense throughout...........7/10.

Stronger

Jake Gyllenhaal has legs blown off at the Boston marathon and helps the FBI in the early investigation. Thereafter about his recuperation and relationship with his on off girfriend. Tremendous perfomance from Gyllenhaal but the rest of his family come across as utterly detestable. Didn't recognise his mother was played by  Miranda Richardson until the final credits...............8/10.