What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The sequels were never planned and only were made because the first film was so popular and made so much money. It shows that they were never planned as they were poorly written and rushed and disappeared up their own arse, wrecking the story.

I have no idea how they can even have another sequel given Neo and Trinity were killed and Smith was deleted.

Oh, and Neo would smash John Wick.

I guess that's the problem when the first film makes so much money, you think you can get away with any old guff , especially the third film in this case 

4 minutes ago, stanton said:

I guess that's the problem when the first film makes so much money, you think you can get away with any old guff , especially the third film in this case 

Aye, the second one had some decent stuff but the third is just nonsense. Total gash.

Movie 22 (Kid #2) -- Jumanji: The Next Level 7/10. Meh. It was okay. The initial introduction of Danny DeVito and Danny Glover didn't really pay off as well as I hoped it would. Not as good as Welcome to the Jungle and I have a feeling my 7 is generous.

Movie 22 (Kid #2) -- Jumanji: The Next Level 7/10. Meh. It was okay. The initial introduction of Danny DeVito and Danny Glover didn't really pay off as well as I hoped it would. Not as good as Welcome to the Jungle and I have a feeling my 7 is generous.
Yeah, being instantly transported out of their bodies somewhat ruined the magic of their performances, particularly DeVito

16 hours ago, MSU said:

I quite enjoyed it.  The introduction of Devito and Glover was one thing.  However it was Johnson doing the talk and mannerisms of Devito that was good fun.  Similarly Hart pretending to be Glover.

Also a re-appearance by the son of Tom Hanks.  Never have spotted the similarity!

Knives Out.

A really, really great film. Thoroughly enjoyable watch. 

I've just finished watching that - agree it's an absolutely top class slice of entertainment. A solid nine - loses one as the country house mystery isn't the most original setting.

Watched The Gentlemen last night - another twisty, turny piece of fun. Possibly Hugh Grant's second best performance - after Paddington 2, natch. Another nine.

Movie 23 (Me) -- Murder Mystery 5/10. I picked this because I hate Adam Sandler movies and I hate Jennifer Aniston rom-coms and I kinda hoped that this would be a movie so bad it would be good. It was mildly entertaining for a poor man's Knives Out. Sandler and Aniston have both been in worse. A mindless way to spend 90 minutes.

Pure escapism last night night   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  , parts 1&2  . followed by Mission Impossible Rouge Nation . Seen both plenty times before , but still find them both  fairly watchable .. One thing I'd say is part 2 of the Deathly Hallows  imay be a wee bit to long  .The  Mission  Impossible films are always pretty easy to watch and don't really require to much thought but are pretty enjoyable if that's your thing 

Next Goal Wins

2014 documentary that follow Dutch coach Thomas Roneg as he attempts to secure American Samoa's first ever victory.

Already knew about this campaign as there is a fairly detailed chapter about it in '31-0' (a book which I highly recommend) but seeing it as a film makes it clear to me, in a way I didn't realise before, just how poor this level of football was. Proper, low level amateur stuff.

Really nice, classic underdog story though. The grumpy old fish out of water coach, with a tragic back story seeking some kind of rebirth or redemption and the dogged local football team who can't kick their own arse to save themselves but keep turning up despite the mailings.

Good insight into the culture of the island and into international football at its most basic. Despite knowing how the campaign panned out, I was still on the edge of my seat.

Apparently a film based on the story began filming end of 2019, directed that Taikka Wahiti (spelling?) so that will undoubtedly be worth looking out for too.

5 hours ago, stanton said:

Pure escapism last night night   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  , parts 1&2  . followed by Mission Impossible Rouge Nation . Seen both plenty times before , but still find them both  fairly watchable .. One thing I'd say is part 2 of the Deathly Hallows  imay be a wee bit to long  .The  Mission  Impossible films are always pretty easy to watch and don't really require to much thought but are pretty enjoyable if that's your thing 

You made that up.

Rise Of The Footsoldier 4. 

Cockney overload. They all say c**t a lot. Plenty gratuitous violence for you if that's your thing. Some tits too. 

3/10 and only 3 because Emily Wyatt is seriously fit else it's a 2.

This just in............, they leave it open for a ROTF5 :o 

Jings! 

The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Decided I'm in a bit of a Loach mood, so watched this on Amazon Prime. Decent enough, but not one of Ken's best.
I've lined up The Angels' Share for tomorrow's down time - might get round to The Navigators as well.

Fired through all of the Jurassic Park movies last week.

There's an over riding them throughout them all, and it's one of stupidity. There are so many seriously stupid characters doing stupid things in every film, with the same, inevitable consequences. Quite a bit of arrogance as well, which also has the same, inevitable consequences.

Malcolm of course had it right from the very start, continued to be right in the second one and remained right in the last one. If he's in the next one he'll maintain being right. 

Yet they didn't listen to him.