What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Movie 19 (Me) -- Tremors 7/10. I was sure I was going to go for Jaws tonight but changed my mind at the last minute. I have fond memories of this movie when it came out and it one of those that if I'm channel-hopping and happen upon it, I'm likely to watch to the end. It has aged much better than I had any reason to expect. Still funny and gave the kids a few jump scares and the urge to pull their feet from the floor at several points. "Run, Kevin Bacon. Run" was the cry from MSU Towers.

Toy Story 4
The poorest of the Toy Story franchise in my opinion. The fork was a wee dick! The bairn enjoyed it though.
5/10

Holmes and Watson
Absolutely fucking atrocious. I lasted 45 minutes before turning it off. 45 minutes of my life I won’t ever get back
0/10

Rocketman
2nd time Iv seen this, cracking film with Taron Egerton stealing the show. Elton really did have some superb tunes
9/10

I watched Attack of the Clones tonight

2/10

Two good scenes. Obi Wan's scene on Kamino is entertaining enough and his chase of Jango. Actually that storyline is probably the only positive in this movie. Why does everyone in these movies sound like they're on Xanax?

Movie 20 (Missus) -- Onward 6/10. Lackluster Pixar fayre that has the confusing scenario of mythical creatures living in contemporary times, eg the elves have phones and sat nav. Basic premise is two elf brothers, the younger of which never knew his dad before he died, on a mystical quest to re-animate the dad until the sun goes down tomorrow. Best bit was being able to regale my American family with "She turned the kids against me" gag towards the emotional finale. 

Little Caesar (1931)

The film that kick started the gangster movie genre, Edward G Robinson is Rico Bandello aka Little Caesar, who ruthlessly works his way from robbing petrol stations all the way up the mobster ladder in Chicago. Loosely based on Al Capone, it's 76 minutes of sharp suits, cigars, great one-liners, & violence.

A classic movie 10/10

The Foreigner (2017)

Caught this on Netflix, not bad at all. Jackie Chan goes on a revenge mission after his daughter is killed when a rogue IRA unit bomb a bank in London. Pierce Brosnan plays the ex IRA now politician who is strikingly similar to Gerry Adams 😟

7/10

*The Death of Stalin*

Been keen to see this for a while. Finally caught it on Netflix. Solid cast who are all on top form bumbling from farce to farce. Really funny and despite being very exaggerated, half expect that the reality wasn't far off this, minus the English and American accents.

Movie 21 (Kid #1) -- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 9/10. I'd never seen this before and I absolutely adored it. Great fun in the same way that National Treasure was great fun. Hoping that Kid #2 will pick the sequel tomorrow night.

Watched The Matrix this morning , easily the best of the trilogy ,. The series went  downhill rapidly with the sequels especially the third one  , I don't suppose that the new one will be any better  . The question that needs answered is who would win in a fight between  Neo & Jon Wick ?  

10 hours ago, stanton said:

Watched The Matrix this morning , easily the best of the trilogy ,. The series went  downhill rapidly with the sequels especially the third one  , I don't suppose that the new one will be any better  . The question that needs answered is who would win in a fight between  Neo & Jon Wick ?  

The sequels were never planned and only were made because the first film was so popular and made so much money. It shows that they were never planned as they were poorly written and rushed and disappeared up their own arse, wrecking the story.

I have no idea how they can even have another sequel given Neo and Trinity were killed and Smith was deleted.

Oh, and Neo would smash John Wick.