What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watching The Girl in The Spiders Web again , it’s 10 am the shop’s not open yet , too early for my daily exercise and I’ve nothing left to clean in the flat . I’ve been watching the old Margret Rutherford Miss Marple and Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock Holmes movies on TCM too . I’ve a few others recorded to get through, Spider with Ben Kingsley , The Big Lebowski and Argo so loads to get through 

7 minutes ago, stanton said:

Watching The Girl in The Spiders Web again , it’s 10 am the shop’s not open yet , too early for my daily exercise and I’ve nothing left to clean in the flat . I’ve been watching the old Margret Rutherford Miss Marple and Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock Holmes movies on TCM too . I’ve a few others recorded to get through, Spider with Ben Kingsley , The Big Lebowski and Argo so loads to get through 

The original illustrations of Sherlock Holmes from the early 1900's are almost spookily similar  to Basil Rathbone. 

He is, and always will be, the best Sherlock. 

Movie 17 (Kid #1) -- Central Intelligence 6.5/10. Probably would've enjoyed this more had I not watched it a few weeks ago. Perfectly watchable still, but I feel I know the script as well as anyone in the movie at this point.

Movie 17 (Kid #1) -- Central Intelligence 6.5/10. Probably would've enjoyed this more had I not watched it a few weeks ago. Perfectly watchable still, but I feel I know the script as well as anyone in the movie at this point.
Tbh, you'd know the script even if you hadn't just watched it. Kevin Hart playing the same character he always plays. An enjoyable watch but I feel all his films just blend into one for me.

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:
11 hours ago, MSU said:

Tbh, you'd know the script even if you hadn't just watched it. Kevin Hart playing the same character he always plays. An enjoyable watch but I feel all his films just blend into one for me.

I absolutely agree. I became convinced that I'd posted on here about it before and because I have nothing else to do, I trawled through my old posts and eventually found it. Your summary pretty much matches up with what I thought two years ago.

Blue Ruin (2013)
Low budget revenge thriller with a bit of a Coen Brothers feel to it. Seen this quite a few times, just love the tone and the tension throughout.
9/10
It's brilliant. The first 20/25 minutes is one of my all-time favourite openings - pretty sure there's almost no dialogue.

The Untouchables. Bears up pretty well considering it's over thirty years old. Accent aside*, Connery is outstanding, and De Niro plays himself as well as he ever has.

* Why does everyone bring up this particular minor example of inappropriate accent, and leave Brad Pitt alone for that abomination in "Basterds"?

On 30/03/2020 at 12:16, RandomGuy. said:

Trying to convince my wife to watch all the LOTR extended editions over the next week.

She said yes.

Then asked how long the first one was.

Dis gunna b gud.

Fellowship done.

Added scenes really do enhance everything, and Boromir comes off a lot better due to it. 

Still a tremendous film.

Underwater 5/10

Tries to be The Abyss, Alien, The Meg etc all rolled together and fails. Plus the sound is a bit iffy

Finding The Way Back 7.5/10

Ben Affleck plays a former high school superstar basketball player who throws it all away and ends up turning into an alcoholic after the death of his child and marriage break up. He then is asked to coach his former high school team (who just happen to be rank) and turn them back into contenders. Affleck obviously using his own addictions as a guide

Sorry We Missed You 5/10

Film from social commentator and all round good guy Ken Loach about the perils of self employment and labour exploitation. A tough watch at times but not a patch on 'I Am Daniel Blake'

Movie 18 (Kid #2) -- Shrek 7/10.  Of course it's a good movie but I've seen it so often that I focus on Mike Meyers shite Scottish accent. Got caught up with Words With Friends, tho.