What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Late Night. Emma Thompson plays an aging talk show host with an even older sick husband whose show gets saved by a fat Indian bird with no sense of humour who somehow takes over the shit joke writing team and makes her hip on twitter. Fucking dreadful, 1/10.

Edited by welshbairn

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Late Night. Emma Thompson plays an aging talk show host with an even older sick husband whose show gets saved by a fat Indian bird with no sense of humour who somehow takes over the shit joke writing team and makes her hip on twitter. Fucking dreadful, 1/10.

Over-generous, imho. I lasted about half an hour or so.

Running with the Devil - Fishburne and Cage effort on Netflix. I've seen worse, they've both done worse. They've also done a hell of a lot better. Only really kept watching because an IMDB review mentioned a twist and an ending. Yep, there was a twist. Yep, it ended. Could have been a much better movie, but, well, meh. 4/10

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood.

A beautiful couple of hours in the cinema. Since I saw it, I've also read the original article and watched the Netflix documentary. Mr Rogers just seems a lovely guy.

There's a lovely 10 part podcast called Finding Fred if you're looking for extra material. I was not ready for the 4th episode.

'Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)' - Margot Robbie is great as the unhinged Harley (and hopefully returns) but the film is another bloated comic book outing that sags a lot. The Birds of Prey were shit, Ewan McGregor a dreadful bad guy, and one bit reminded me of one of the worst Doctor Who moments ever.

'Underwater' - utterly dreadful aliens at the bottom of the ocean pish. Never scary or imaginative and you could guess everything that happened before you sat and watched the garbage that unfolded.

Birds of Prey. I would not say that I am happy with the film, but I did not see anything so ugly. After buying a new soft chair here, I can not tear away from the TV. I could not think that this can affect my perception of films . I just don't want to get up.

Edited by Xianders

'Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)' - Margot Robbie is great as the unhinged Harley (and hopefully returns) but the film is another bloated comic book outing that sags a lot. The Birds of Prey were shit, Ewan McGregor a dreadful bad guy, and one bit reminded me of one of the worst Doctor Who moments ever.
'Underwater' - utterly dreadful aliens at the bottom of the ocean pish. Never scary or imaginative and you could guess everything that happened before you sat and watched the garbage that unfolded.

I thought Ewan McGregor was decent but very very underused.

Underwater was dreadful my worst film of the year so far by far.

Jojo Rabbit 8.5

watched it last night, for the second time and it was even better than before. Brilliantly scathing of Nazis specifically, but racism, intolerance and blind faith in general. Great comedy at times, but also hit lots of emotional beats and well acted all round, not just by Scarlett Jo, who had a best supporting nomination. Well deserved Oscar for the writer, director, actor, the very talented Taika Waititi. If you haven’t seen his other stuff, I’d also highly recommend What we do in the shadows and Hunt for the wilderpeople.

Edited by Ann Dan Otherthing

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Knowing, with Nicholas Cage. 

3/10

Utterly hilarious stuff with some aliens coming to save 2 kids and 2 rabbits from an impending massive solar flare which will end manking. They leave poor Nic behind though, can't blame them. 

It's a bollocks film, but I kinda enjoy watching it...

Fractured

Bit predictable right from the start. Made by the same guy that made Session 9 and the music/vibe shows. Good watch, but feels like a poorer version of a similar type of story to Session 9.

5/10.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fractured

Bit predictable right from the start. Made by the same guy that made Session 9 and the music/vibe shows. Good watch, but feels like a poorer version of a similar type of story to Session 9.

5/10.

That was my problem with The Machinist too - it seemed pretty obvious what was going on from the start. Felt like it could have been excellent with a bit more work on the script.

I like Brad Anderson's films, so will give this a watch if I get the chance, but it's a bit disappointing to read that it has similar flaws.