What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

40 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Us 6/10

Quite fancied this horror/thriller after seeing the trailer and the premise is good however after about 45 mins, its tails off badly. The plot and ending are also very suspect

Pretty much what I thought. While it was a home invasion movie, it was great. After the focus broadened, it became more ridiculous.

21 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Also dont know how the husband, whos about 6'4 and 18 stone, is leaving his midget wife to do the fighting for them

As he is strong, his doppelganger is a lot stronger than him. Plus anything that gives Lupita N'yongo extra screen time is fine by me.

1917 7/10

If the Nazis were as awful at shooting as the film made out the war would never have got out of hand. It's a very nice film to look at but felt the plot was a bit thin.

The Gentlemen 9/10

Outstanding.

I enjoyed 1917 as a spectacle but the story, acting, and dialogue felt pretty weak. 7/10
Everything after the main character met the woman and her baby was top notch, as that was pretty much 100% spectable. A lot of the first 90 minutes felt like padding to justify the gimmick.

Day of Anger also known as I giorni dell'ira.

Very solid spaghetti western with Lee van Cleef as an aging, cold blooded gunslinger who take a young man who's had a harsh upbringing under his wing as an apprentice/stooge. Fil is really focusing on the menacing Talby (van Cleef) and his relationship with Scott Mary (Giuliano Gemma). It weakens a bit as the focus shifts more towards the more confident Scott as he starts to usurp Talby, but the ending is short, abrupt and absolutely fits the tone of the film.

Cracking soundtrack as well- I think some of it may have been used in Djano Unchained? It sounds very familiar.

8/10

Edited by Comrie

The Good Liar. Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen both give excellent performances in a film which I can only really describe (without giving everything away) as a cross between Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Odessa File. Really enjoyed a film where the actors, not the CGI or effects,are the stars.

8/10. Highly recommended.

The Good Liar is excellent, and the plot goes places that you don't really consider until it happens.

Didn't know wherelse to put this, but I've loved horror in the 2010s. It's been a real golden age for the genre. Decided to put together a top 10 and I assume I'm not the only fan of the genre on here so see what ye think... in order...

Mandy
The Wailing
Trollhunter
It Comes at Night
One Cut of the Dead
Bone Tomahawk
Midsommar
Grave Encounters
The Void
Housebound

Epic
10/10

Danger Close

Australian film about the battle of Long Tan in Vietnam in 1966 where Australian and New Zealand troops were heavily outnumbered during a day long battle they were not expecting.

8/10.

Edited by jimmy boo