What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Terminator Dark Fate

Ridiculous storyline with a plot that had more holes than Rab C Nesbitt's vest. The 2nd half of the movie after they followed the coordinates to meet Arnie was utter pish and I struggled to keep any interest. 3/10
I have this lined up to watch via Cyberflix. Should I just delete it?

1917 - 9/10

Spoiler

I'd agreed to go along with my bros-in-law but hadn't been particularly keen to see the film. However, I thought it was fantastic and certainly Oscar-worthy.

The single shot is very well done. There will of course be cuts throughout but they are well disguised - although if you watched The Capture on BBC last year, you'll probably notice where they are cutting.

I didn't know anything about the cast beforehand so it was cool to see some well-known faces appear throughout.

Just fucking imagine if there was conscription for this generation...

On 17/01/2020 at 23:20, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Saw this last week, Knives Out and The Gentlemen in the same week? Two of the most enjoyable and fun films I've seen for ages, and it's only January! 

These two films have set a pretty high bar for the rest of the year. 

I liked a Hugh Grant film? Well, apparently I did. The level of sleaziness he can descend to is quite impressive for a typecast rom-com luvvie.

Saw it last week too, really enjoyed it.

Grant was on the Graham Norton show talking about it, said he researched his part from some sleazebag reporters he knows, ones that had apparently broken into his house to tap his phone back in the day, He played it brilliantly too.

On 19/01/2020 at 20:03, jimmy boo said:
On 19/01/2020 at 11:34, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
Terminator Dark Fate

Ridiculous storyline with a plot that had more holes than Rab C Nesbitt's vest. The 2nd half of the movie after they followed the coordinates to meet Arnie was utter pish and I struggled to keep any interest. 3/10

I have this lined up to watch via Cyberflix. Should I just delete it?

Watchable if you've liked the prev ones, basically a montage of the first 3 Terminator films, rehashed to squeeze out another T film. Same storylines with a new twist on the future.

Knives Out - Danirel Craig's accent is trying ridiculous but apparently not as bad as Robert Downey Jnr's supposed Welsh accent in the new Dolittle  film - rumours are it's truly atrocious

6 Underground and The 2 Popes on Netflix - 2 really enjoyable films 

The Gentleman - I'll wait for that to come on Sky or Netflix

Has anyone seen 1917 on IMAX?

The Wailing

Was really hyped about seeing this as Na Hong-Jin directed the chaser and it's one of my favourite films of all time. This build promisingly, weaving in multiple threads including traditional Korean lore competing with the invading Catholic, Buddhist and Japanese influences along with a modern/traditional battle between the two sides of Korea, the technological future and the run down village it is set in.

But then the last half an hour of it's bloated run time kicks in and the director takes a bunch of ideas, throws them in a bin and kicks it down the stairs and hopes the confusion boggles your mind. It doesn't work and it absolutely kills the film.

5/10

Terminator Dark Fate 5/10

Seen it all before but better in the first two films

The Dead Dont Die 0/10

Fuckin awful. A zombie film that even Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Danny Glover and Steve Buscemi couldnt save. 104 minutes of my life i will never get back

Knives Out - Danirel Craig's accent is trying ridiculous but apparently not as bad as Robert Downey Jnr's supposed Welsh accent in the new Dolittle  film - rumours are it's truly atrocious

I saw it on Cineworld's superscreen. Not quite imax but worth seeing it on as big a screen as possible.

Bad Boys For Life 8/10

Loved it. Not much difference between this and the other films, plenty of explosions, great chemistry between Smith and Lawrence and some cracking scenery in Miami and Mexico City. With these films, you know what you are getting before you set foot in the pictures

I saw 1917 at the Braehead Odeon iMax and it was excellent. Sound and visuals were brilliant.