What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

the Good, the bad and Ugly.

Absolutely fantastic, everything about the way the film is shot to the backdrop of the civil war is iconic. The dubbing seemed slightly off at times on Netflix - maybe that's their fault as opposed to the film. Completely forgot that the lack of dialogue for the first 10 minutes, really immerses you in the film. 

9/10.

the Good, the bad and Ugly.

Absolutely fantastic, everything about the way the film is shot to the backdrop of the civil war is iconic. The dubbing seemed slightly off at times on Netflix - maybe that's their fault as opposed to the film. Completely forgot that the lack of dialogue for the first 10 minutes, really immerses you in the film. 
9/10.
Nah, it's the film mate. Always been like that. Have the trilogy on DVD and had it on VHS as well.

The Gentlemen 9/10

Brilliant. Big fan of Guy Ritchies films and this is definitely up there with the best. Too many top performances and very difficult to narrow it down to one, but Hugh Grant stole this

Also, McConaugheys wife is a massive wid

Summer Camp Nightmare

Watched after Sleepaway Camp the other day and expected this to be a cheesy dumb 80's slasher movie set around a summer camp. It lures you along with that at the start with the overbearing, prudish camp leader at loggerheads with the older kids but then it totally side swipes you and goes down a Lord of the Flies route which is a lot more interesting than you'd expect from a low budget film with rubbish acting. I honestly enjoyed the hell out of it.

7/10

On 15/01/2020 at 20:44, Twinkle said:

The Gentlemen 9/10

Brilliant. Big fan of Guy Ritchies films and this is definitely up there with the best. Too many top performances and very difficult to narrow it down to one, but Hugh Grant stole this

Also, McConaugheys wife is a massive wid

Defo going to see this in next couple weeks, even the trailer gives you the feeling its a cracking watch, and seeing reviews like yours is just more convincing

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

The Siege of Jadotville

Interesting bit of historical drama that I had no knowledge of. For the main act they essentially do "Zulu, but with Irish soldiers" which is entertaining. Janie Dornan plays a good hard-as-nails commander.

8/10

Watched this yesterday........really good.

Ford v Ferarri

Enjoyable story with great racing scenes. I'll even forgive them passing off Auto Club Speedway in California as Daytona......8/10.

Bad boys for life - If you want a stupidly over the top funny action film you don’t need to invest yourself in go and see this. If you want a movie with a plot that isn’t nonsense and doesn’t have guns firing and explosions all over the place don’t see this movie.

More of the same stuff from the previous two. Martin Lawrence is hilarious. 6.5/10.

On 09/01/2020 at 17:43, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Went to see this and was actually pretty impressed. Was ridiculously funny, Hugh Grant is outstanding while McCounghey and Farrell play their parts really well. It maybe got a bit convoluted towards the end but it shouldn’t be a film you go into expecting a solid plot/story. More of a switch off and enjoy action(?)/comedy.

Saw this last week, Knives Out and The Gentlemen in the same week? Two of the most enjoyable and fun films I've seen for ages, and it's only January! 

These two films have set a pretty high bar for the rest of the year. 

I liked a Hugh Grant film? Well, apparently I did. The level of sleaziness he can descend to is quite impressive for a typecast rom-com luvvie.

7 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

1917 is great. There was one scene where the **** were pretty terrible at shooting but the rest was tremendous stuff. 9/10

It was dark and i don't think the weapons during WWI were the most accurate?  It was  a great movie though 

JoJo Rabbit

Been to see this twice now. Considering the subject matter it is very funny. A great young cast with a particular stand out being the fantastic double act between Roman Griffin Davies as JoJo and Archie Yates (looking like a 10 year old Nick Frost) as Yorki.

Wunderbar. 10/10

The Two Popes - Netflix

Always been fascinated by the nonsense pomp and ceremony that goes on during the papal election. Until now, the best insight I had got into that was the book 'Conclave' but this gave a great insight, with beautiful sets and great cinematography.

Although the film was clearly about 90% fiction, it gives a good insight into both Popes with two excellent performances from Pryce and Hopkins who absolutely nail every little detail of their characters and their interactions with each other are a joy to watch.

On 17/01/2020 at 23:20, Gianfranco said:

1917 is great. There was one scene where the **** were pretty terrible at shooting but the rest was tremendous stuff. 9/10

On 17/01/2020 at 23:33, ajwffc said:

It was dark and i don't think the weapons during WWI were the most accurate?  It was  a great movie though 

I read somewhere that in Iraq and Afghanistan the US troops fired 250,000 bullets for every person they killed.

I imagine there would have been a pretty low hit ratio in WW1, bearing in mind that the troops were often poorly trained conscripts using fairly basic weapons.

I read somewhere that in Iraq and Afghanistan the US troops fired 250,000 bullets for every person they killed.
I imagine there would have been a pretty low hit ratio in WW1, bearing in mind that the troops were often poorly trained conscripts using fairly basic weapons.

Fair doos... even a blind man firing off a quarter of a million bullets is bound to hit something.