What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Frozen 2.

My daughter has not long turned 7 and she was refusing to go unless we went 4D...and i am certainly glad we did.

Film - 5/10 the olaf recap of film 1 was outstandly funny but there wasn't too much else to write home about.  They explian some of the holes in the first film. I hope they stop here, no Frozen 3 please.

4DX - 10/10 i can't wait to see a Fast and Furious type film like this. although you will need a belt to hold you in!!!

The Souvenir. This has been getting a load of good reviews but i found it rather boring myself. No momentum in the plot. No characters that you could care about and no sense of being set in the 1980s and way too long.  Good performances though.

5/10

PS. Finally getting round to see The Irishman tonight with my son. I may run a sweepstake on how long into the film he'll manage without feeling the need to check his phone. 

How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming

My flatmate made plenty of high pitched noises when the baby dragons were on screen so I guess they hit their target audience.

6.5/10

PS. Finally getting round to see The Irishman tonight with my son. I may run a sweepstake on how long into the film he'll manage without feeling the need to check his phone. 

I thought it was shit, lasted about40 mins before it was just background noise and sacked it after an hour, never to be revisited. I doubt he’ll get as far as I did.

Got dragged along to see Last Christmas last night...

Spoiler

which for about 80% of the film, was quite honestly one of the worst, most seemingly pointless, tenuous productions I'd ever seen. The twist saved it from being a proper 0/10 effort - a twist that I rather ashamedly didn't cotton on to until it was revealed. Honestly, a heart transplant recipient in a Christmas movie featuring exclusively George Michael songs and I never batted an eyelid that this mysterious lover may have literally given his heart away. Maybe if you aren't as dumb as me, you'd have seen this coming which might have added predictability to the list of non-complimentary descriptions.

Still no fucking idea why Emma Thompson is a Yugoslavian immigrant in it - other than for one scene where a bigot abuses a couple on a bus. They seemed to have some type of PC checklist throughout it - like immigrant families, a lesbian sister,  the homeless, minority groups...on that note, the relationship between the shop owner and some weird stary German bloke is utterly bemusing - not funny or sweet or charming, just downright fucking bizarre.

A Channel 5 Christmas film.

Marriage Story.

We're getting married next year and at the end of it, were utterly horrified. 

Amazing performances from Scarlett J and the bad guy from new Star Wars though. Took me back to a previous relationship I had and reminded myself just how lucky I am that I managed to get the hell out of dodge.

The Running Man
I took a break from fretting over the election to watch Arnie kick ass. This is in my top 5 Arnie movies and it's also my favourite Stephen King adaptation.
A near perfect slice of 80s action.
9/10

Watched it the other night having seen it a few years ago and noticed that Mick Fleetwood was in it which I hadn’t previously noticed. Still good fun.

20 minutes ago, gpo said:

Watched it the other night having seen it a few years ago and noticed that Mick Fleetwood was in it which I hadn’t previously noticed. Still good fun.

Yeah, Dweezil Zappa too. 

Even though I've seen it about 20 times i didn't realise until tonight that it was directed by Starsky. 

Got dragged along to see Last Christmas last night...
Spoiler

which for about 80% of the film, was quite honestly one of the worst, most seemingly pointless, tenuous productions I'd ever seen. The twist saved it from being a proper 0/10 effort - a twist that I rather ashamedly didn't cotton on to until it was revealed. Honestly, a heart transplant recipient in a Christmas movie featuring exclusively George Michael songs and I never batted an eyelid that this mysterious lover may have literally given his heart away. Maybe if you aren't as dumb as me, you'd have seen this coming which might have added predictability to the list of non-complimentary descriptions.
Still no fucking idea why Emma Thompson is a Yugoslavian immigrant in it - other than for one scene where a bigot abuses a couple on a bus. They seemed to have some type of PC checklist throughout it - like immigrant families, a lesbian sister,  the homeless, minority groups...on that note, the relationship between the shop owner and some weird stary German bloke is utterly bemusing - not funny or sweet or charming, just downright fucking bizarre.
A Channel 5 Christmas film.

Yep horrendous tried too hard to be PC as well checking off all the boxes you mentioned, but additionally the Transexual Doctor, the other lesbian being black and the homeless shelter manager turning out to be in a wheel chair.

The legend of cocaine island. (Netflix)

Saw this last night, very enjoyable documentary, decent way to kill an hour and a half. Saw this review on IMDb and couldn’t have put it better myself.

Extremely entertaining
I was glued to the screen the entire time. All of the people (except the wife) were very likable and entertaining. The movie was very lighthearted and fun.

I didn't once get bored and pick up my phone, which is pretty much the highest praise that I can give a movie these days.

On 13/12/2019 at 19:11, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yep horrendous tried too hard to be PC as well checking off all the boxes you mentioned, but additionally the Transexual Doctor, the other lesbian being black and the homeless shelter manager turning out to be in a wheel chair.

My missis asked me if I fancied seeing this during the week. I told her I'd rather take part in a rally for Boris Johnson, which is only a slight exaggeration.

6 UNDERGROUND

A film full of over the top action scenes, over acting and a ridiculous plot. Alot of people like these type of films though but it's not for me. Some of the explosions and effects were impressive though it has to be said.

5/10

Agree. Obscene amount of Netflix money chucked at what is essentially a straight to dvd type movie. 5/10

It wasn't boring at least. One of the main positives was that opening 20 minutes which was pretty delightful. Anytime there wasn't action though, it was dreadfully dull. No reason to care much about any of these characters, but I guess that wasn't really the point. It was all about the action and, to be fair, a lot of said action was a shit ton of fun, so I'm happy to put the thumbs slightly up on this one and go 6/10.