What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest xbasslichtie

My fav film of all time,The Shawshank Redemption.

10/10

Id never seen it before and I had no idea that it was just a Stephen King novelette (one of the few Ive read by him), it was a good story. Didnt know it was possible for the film to be so incredibly good...but then again, anything with Morgan Freeman is good, he is such a wonderful, classy actor. A great actor starring in a great, great film.

10/10

In The Bedroom - Tom Wilkinson and Cissy Spacek overcoming their teenage son's murder. It's just as bleak as it sounds. 10/10

Dreamcatcher - Morgan Freeman takes the money and runs yet again in a Stephen King penned story about aliens and a talking boy or something. aboslutely god awful/10

almost on a par (but not quite) with Die Hard.

Homer: Hmmm. I think the government has better things to do than to read my mail.

(elsewhere)

Government agent: Most people write letters to movie stars. This Simpson guy writes to movies. "Dear Die Hard, You rock. Especially when that guy was on the roof. P.S.: Do you know Mad Max?"

Sorry its just now that any time someone mentions Die Hard, thats what I think of.

Homers a legend! :D

Is it better than Rocky V? The weakest one by far IMO.

Is Rocky V the one with his son and the poofy earring?

His son is back (although, not played by Sly's actual son, unlike V) but he doesn't really do much.

I haven't seen Rocky V for a while, but from what I can remember, VI is better. About half of it is just throwbacks to the previous movies, but its a good touch rather than being repetitive.

March of the Penguins - 8/10 Needs more penguins. Bonus point for having Mumbles dancing before the film. Also had a Bugs Bunny cartoon in the extras.

Babe - 7/10 Was the Christmas movie on BBC1. :)

Scrooged - 4/10 I thought this was the best Xmas film ever when I first saw it, looking back it was utter pish!

Home Alone - 9/10

Ye canny beat it!

The Aristocrats - 7/10

I didn't find it as funny as I had been lead to believe but non the less there were a few renditions of the joke that had me in tears. It's a testament to the movie that my interest did not wane once watching different folks take on the same joke.

I have watched all three Back To The Future and Jurrasic Park films over the last three days.

Back To Future - brilliant (except the second one)

Jurrasic Park - Utter pish. The first one at least had a story though.

I also watched The Chronicles of Narnia this morning. I might have been warned it is a fucking bible bashers film. <_<

Shawshank redemption last night.

I had never watched it before.

It gets the full 10/10

Watch it again...it gets even better.

Morgan Freeman's narration is poetic especially during the opera music scene and when he reminisces about missing Andy.

Field of Dreams...ok it panders to the US obsession with baseball but it is excellent otherwise and when Costner says, at the end to his Dad, "Wanna play catch?" it would bring a tear to many a male eye 8/10

Flushed Away.

Not a dreadful film but with the number of CGI flicks out there it's always going to be difficult to keep pushing the boundaries. It revolves around a pet rat that is flushed away down to the sewers where he stumbles upon a whole mini London. Cue love interest, questionable plot line and fairly poor dialogue - but then again when was that necessary in a cartoon? The animation is done pretty well, and the whole thing hangs together well enough even I failed to see a single character that wasn't "borrowed" from somewhere else.

Safe enough movie for kids, and if you have a spare evening with a bottle of wine, it's not a bad diversion. I will warn you, it does have an England v Germany World Cup final as part of the plot!

Marks? Hmm... a generous 7/10, perhaps less. I think it all depends on the audience.