What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

19 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Wonder Woman

What is it with all these superhero films that they have to be an hour longer than necessary and so full of such interminably dull smashing-through-buidlings CGI fights?

Gal Gadot's a wid at least.

5/10

The CGI smashing through stuff fights are pretty tedious, but DC movies seem to have cornered the market on that. Even when they happen in Marvel films (i.e. most of them) they aren't as dull as the ones in DC movies, with Batman vs Superman being the worst offender (and a deeply shit movie featuring mothers with the same name).

On 25/09/2019 at 13:09, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the TV version suffered from the problem that you could not film the most pivotal scene in the book. A combination of sfx limitations and the predictable outrage from the MORAL MAJORITY types rendered it impossible to render faithfully.

Surely to f**k you aren't talking about the prepubescent gangbang. I think we could all do without that.

Well, most of us.

21 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Wonder Woman

What is it with all these superhero films that they have to be an hour longer than necessary and so full of such interminably dull smashing-through-buidlings CGI fights?

Gal Gadot's a wid at least.

5/10

I think they need constant smashing through buildings CGi to stop you analysing the plots too closely. If you do, you realise how stupid they are, i.e Black Panther.

Gal Gadot is my type of gal. Stunning. A mega-Wid.

Edited by Lee Van Tee
spelling

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The CGI smashing through stuff fights are pretty tedious, but DC movies seem to have cornered the market on that. Even when they happen in Marvel films (i.e. most of them) they aren't as dull as the ones in DC movies, with Batman vs Superman being the worst offender (and a deeply shit movie featuring mothers with the same name).

Man of Steel was horrendous for it. Just completely numbed me to the severity of what was happening. "Just smash everything" seemed to be the order of the day.

If it wasn't for Permaseething-Zod, I'd have given up on it. Didn't see Batman vs Superman but didn't think Justice League was nearly as bad.

2 hours ago, Andrew Wells said:

Man of Steel was horrendous for it. Just completely numbed me to the severity of what was happening. "Just smash everything" seemed to be the order of the day.

If it wasn't for Permaseething-Zod, I'd have given up on it. Didn't see Batman vs Superman but didn't think Justice League was nearly as bad.

Batman vs Superman has plenty of it. An awful film for many reasons, that being just one of them.

On 30/09/2019 at 20:10, Andrew Wells said:

I quite enjoyed Man of Steel up until the CGI smash-a-thon and it all got a bit much.  

I actually liked that they addressed the human cost of it in Batman V Superman and didn't just sweep it under the carpet in a "yay Superman saved the day!" fashion.  The extended version of BvS is actually really good imo, until they spoil it somewhat with another dull CGI smash-a-thon at the end.

I watched Justice League on a flight and whilst I can remember almost nothing of the plot, I do remember thinking it was one of the worst mainstream films I've ever seen.

Couldn't find this thread last night for some reason so put my thoughts on the joker thread, but I'll put it here too.

10/10 for me. The most perfectly made movie I've ever watched. There's not a single scene wasted. Even when not much is happening I couldn't bring myself to go pee as every single scene, word or movement has a purpose in this movie.

Towards the end I literally sat shaking my head in disbelief at how perfect a movie it is.

There might possibly be movies I've had more enjoyment watching, but as a piece of filmmaking it's an absolute masterpiece. I've never left the cinema feeling the way I felt after it finished, almost in a state of shock at what I just witnessed.

Joker is a 10 for me as well. It’s absolutely brilliant, and Phoenix is perfect.

I had concerns going in, because it seemed like the perfect casting, and the trailers looked amazing, and I’ve been let down by that sort of shit before. Totally unfounded. Awesome.