What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

2 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

:lol::lol::lol:

He really was an unlikeable arse. Most of them were actually. At least William Fitchner's guy was a good laugh though.

I'd like to see them reshoot all of Clooney's scenes with that Teuchter Tory Twat from Peterhead from Trawlermen.

Finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody.  Fail to see what the fuss is all about, yes, the actor did look like Freddie Mercury but so what? My main criticism is that it just invented things as it went along, especially on the day of Live Aid. Pretending he had AIDS at this point is just wrong. Average film. Bad history. 3/10

Instant Family

Wife's choice as she has been going on about this for a few weeks now. The story itself is all about adoption and its heart is in the right place but as a film it is all over the place. Made by the guy who did Daddy's Home so in some scenes it tries to be this big, brash comedy and then in some scenes it becomes soppy and overly emotional. It is difficult to overly criticise a film that tries hard to tell an important story. I've read that the Director's family went through something similar and at the end there are lots of pictures of people who have been adopted so it is  a film with value (it just isn't a very good actual film). 

Anyway, I feel bad giving it a total ripping but it isn't great.

Finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody.  Fail to see what the fuss is all about, yes, the actor did look like Freddie Mercury but so what? My main criticism is that it just invented things as it went along, especially on the day of Live Aid. Pretending he had AIDS at this point is just wrong. Average film. Bad history. 3/10
Other than the Billy Bob teeth,I didn't think he looked anything like Freddie. Came across as more like a young Jagger, if anything. Mercury was a pretty substantial unit, until he got ill obviously. The actors playing May and Taylor were much more convincing, imho.
Still an enjoyable movie, despite some timeline issues - it's not supposed to be a documentary, after all.

4 hours ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

You do realise it isn’t a documentary, right? They did state that they knew some facts weren’t right and the timeline was out, like Freddie having a tache when WWRY was written? He found out he had AIDS in 1987, two years after Live Aid so they had to fit it in somewhere.

Apparently they are doing a sequel... http://deadline.com/2018/02/angus-macfadyen-robert-the-bruce-cast-1202283227/

I might sell them the story of how Robert the Bruce was feeling like he was about to give up then he noticed a spider. And the spider bit him. And he developed superpowers and defeated the English. 

I should probably have mentioned that the spider was radioactive. 

Apparently they are doing a sequel... http://deadline.com/2018/02/angus-macfadyen-robert-the-bruce-cast-1202283227/
I might sell them the story of how Robert the Bruce was feeling like he was about to give up then he noticed a spider. And the spider bit him. And he developed superpowers and defeated the English. 
Still better than Outlaw King IMO.

23 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

The Perfect Storm

Absolute. Fucking. Abomination. We don't take long to get to an incredibly annoying kid, and some of the worst type of cliche scenes you'll ever see. The worst of which is Ashley Judd running down a pier waving to a ship. 2D stereotypical characters, and almost every interaction is basically some sort of generic shit. There's some great visuals as far as the storm goes, and some great "so bad it's good" scenes are scattered about this mess, but there's not enough of these things, and ultimately, this is a fucking shitshow.

2/10

Saw that when it came out and it's not a film that's stuck in my head but I don't remember Ashley Judd in it. Is my mind playing tricks?

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:
4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Still better than Outlaw King IMO.

I've seen that's on Netflix but haven't got around to it. Should I not bother, then? 

I've seen that's on Netflix but haven't got around to it. Should I not bother, then? 
I didn't like it. The action was horrendously done: no weight, horribly edited, and the camera took up weird angles that gave you no idea what was going on/who was involved.
There was also a real lack of engagement in anything due to them going for a 'figurehead who inspires' story, leaving RTB wildly underdeveloped but still having him at the forefront.

John Wick
Somehow missed this but it's quite decent. Stylish and doesn't take itself too seriously.
Also Miss Perkins
[emoji7]
i avoided this film for a long time durle to skys synopsis that basically said "a man seeks revenge after his dog is killed". sounded pish but watched it on a friends recommendation and really enjoyed it once it got going.
Last Action Hero(TCM)
One of the worst Arnie films ,I can see what the thinking was ,to parody the very thing arnie was famous for, but it's a mess,none of it comes together and having a kid as a main character turns it into a kids film. 
In fairness there is an idea for a movie in there and you could argue it's the kind of flim that could be up for a remake. 2/10
awful film. agreed theres a great idea for a film there but was probably made at the wrong time. unfortunately it was full of that cheese that plagued most early 90s films.
Chain Reaction. 2/10

Heap of utter guff despite the star quality.
i enjoyed chain reaction. got it on DVD and have watched it many times

10 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

The Robert Bruce story is gonna end up like Spiderman with about 5 different portrayals. Can't wait for Toby Maguire's turn

Looking forward to emo Robert The Bruce dancing around medieval Scotland and flicking his hair at folk.