What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

On 18/01/2019 at 20:54, jimmy boo said:

Managed 45 minutes of The Favourite and had to turn it off. Just dreadful.

On 18/01/2019 at 21:46, Christophe said:

Literally the ONLY person I’ve heard who hasn’t loved this! Evaluate your life 

I thought all of the performances were superb, and some of the individual scenes were excellent, but I couldn't really get into the film as a whole.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:00, tigerbread said:

P

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:00, tigerbread said:

P

Pick up a Penguin??

Watched The Hurt Locker at the weekend, still love it.

The Front Runner

A bit of a mish mash of a movie. There was some real good things about this. Jackman's awkward bordering on paranoid performance was outstanding. There was a lot of scenes that were fairly urgent with great dialogue. But too much was just ponderous and it definitely lost me at times.

5/10

6 hours ago, The Elephant & Castle said:

Downfall (2004)

Seen this a few times now.

Just Brilliant

I saw this not so long ago, I thought it was brilliantly done but horribly grim to watch.

On Saturday the boy and I went to see Aquaman. It was surprisingly not terrible. The underwater visuals and motions were better than I expected. Jason Momoa was pretty much perfect for that role, though as I've just finished watching Stargate Atlantis he wasn't a great deal different from the role he plays in that. 7/10, easily the best of DC's Justice League offerings so far.

(13)

Escape Room  1/10

Not the new thing at the cinema with he same name. This is a 2017 straight to video type effort. But the name caught my eye so gave it a go...Usual thing, sub Saw rubbish, no likeable characters.

There’s actually a bit where a couple are making out while being sprayed with sulphuric acid and they don’t notice until their hair falls out and their lips fall off

Utter utter garbage. (Netflix)

Edited by Christophe

9 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

That spoiler :lol:

I almost feel like I have to watch this now.

Just done a quick search and the only other person to review it on here gave it a 0/10, so be well warned....you may find redeeming qualities, but I couldn’t see them anywhere! 

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Put me in the anti-The Favourite crowd.

A typical Awards-buzz type film that's average at best, and if it wasn't directed by one of the current indie-esque darlings, no-one would give a single f**k, other than the fact Emma Stone gets her chebs out.

I've not seen it so have no opinion either way, but when you start going into "nobody would give a f**k" mode, it's basically saying "I don't like it, and my opinion is law" territory. So basically, f**k off with that.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Put me in the anti-The Favourite crowd.

A typical Awards-buzz type film that's average at best, and if it wasn't directed by one of the current indie-esque darlings, no-one would give a single f**k, other than the fact Emma Stone gets her chebs out.

Went to see it again on Sunday and enjoyed it even more this time if possible

5 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I've not seen it so have no opinion either way, but when you start going into "nobody would give a f**k" mode, it's basically saying "I don't like it, and my opinion is law" territory. So basically, f**k off with that.

I assume you've come across hyperbole before?

People are perfectly entitled to disagree with my opinion, as Christophe has done. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong, nor does the fact he enjoyed it change the fact that I found it overhyped and underwhelming.