What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

(205-206)

Ralph Breaks The Internet 4/10

Actually quite disappointed about how unimpressed I was with this. I love John C Reilly and Sarah Silverman, and this film is all about them, but it was, as I expected, a Disney advert. It was ok I guess but possibly the worst Pixar film I’ve ever seen (I’ve not watched any of the Cars films). (cinema)

Creed II 6/10

Enjoyed this last night in Isense. Started slow and there was a lot which struck me as daft but it was good. The antagonists (Dolph Lundgren and his son) were remarkably sympathetic. The fights were nowhere near as good as the ones in the first Creed film. (cinema)

(207)

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover 9.5/10

Proper watch of this for class today, what initially seemed like a slightly mannerist distancing of any real politics now seems, for whatever reason, like the most angry beautiful film ever made. I love it, Greenaway is a master unheralded sufficiently in his day. Students LOVED it too, so it still has a power. 

Bohemian Rhapsody(cinema)

Finally got round to seeing it and glad I did, great movie ,critics got it wrong which is pleasing, a few flaws ,some of the script involving the other band members was a touch ropey at times and cant really understand why they played about with the facts of the story so much, first performance on totp for example,didnt really matter I suppose but why do the wrong song?

But there are some jaw droppingly great stuff in this movie, when they discover We WillRock You and of course the Live Aid bit is incredible. Great turn by Mike Myers too. 9/10

1 hour ago, glasgowlichtie said:

I.D.(1995)

Probably one of my favorite British movies. 

" Four policemen go undercover and infiltrate a gang of football hooligans hoping to root-out their leaders. "

facking luv you Gumbo.

SHADWELL 'TIL I DIE

Dark Shadows

Probably one of Tim Burton's weakest films, but at least his films have a seriously nice visual look. The cast mostly appear to be enjoying themselves making this which is a plus. However. Chloe Grace Moretz is absolutely awful in every scene she's in. Her career since Kick Ass has mostly been pretty goddamn bad.

5/10

The Foreigner.

Jackie Chan plays a seemingly mild mannered restaurant owner whose daughter is killed in an IRA bomb in London. Having no luck with pestering the police for the bombers identities, he goes to Belfast where he starts pestering the deputy first minister of norn irn played by Pierce Brosnan in full Gerry Adams mode. Turns out Chan has a history and isn't as mild mannered as previously thought. Sounds a bit corny but I enjoyed it. 7/10.

Spider-Man: into the spider verse 

Probably my favourite Spider-Man film. Really creative, really funny, loved the animation and the story. I hope we see more super hero movies like this because I felt the animation gave more room to go a bit mental with the plot and set pieces. 

9/10 - I’ll go back again before it disappears from the cinema. 

17 hours ago, Kyle said:

Spider-Man: into the spider verse 

Probably my favourite Spider-Man film. Really creative, really funny, loved the animation and the story. I hope we see more super hero movies like this because I felt the animation gave more room to go a bit mental with the plot and set pieces. 

9/10 - I’ll go back again before it disappears from the cinema. 

Second this.  Saw the preview on Thursday.  Absolute game changer for the genre I'd say and hopefully a sequel will follow.  The plot was excellent, it was funny, touching and the voice acting was spot on.  Nicholas Cage's turn as Spider-Man Noir being a highlight in that sense.  The animation was also on a different level to anything I've seen before.  Very impressive and gorgeous to look at.  Shout out to the best end-credits scene yet from Marvel.  Well worth the wait

Watched Anchorman- Legend of Ron Burgundy for the first time ever this week. It was really funny, probably one of the only people not to have seen It till now.

Also watched 21 Jump Street for the first time tonight, It was funny. I’ve already seen 22 jump street which was funny as well and was bored so thought I’d put the first one In.

On 10/19/2018 at 01:57, Frankie S said:

Mandy 

Not often a movie featuring an unhinged performance from Nic Cage actually upstages him in the batshit mental stakes, but Mandy manages it effortlessly. An absolute blast from start to finish, a bit like The Evil Dead meets Hellraiser with touches of H.P. Lovecraft, David Lynch and the Brothers Grimm thrown in for good measure. Dreamlike, surreal, beautiful, terrifying and hilarious. The music and sound design by the sadly-deceased Icelandic composer Johann Johannsson is fantastic - immersive and atmospheric. Looking forward to seeing what director Panos Cosmatos does next.

9/10

Fantastic stuff. I think.

Will have to watch this one again.

The Old Man and the Gun (2018):

A fairly sombre story, wrapped in a joyful tone, wrapped in a vest.

It was far more upbeat than I was anticipating after David Lowery's last film, but also darker than I was expecting after seeing the trailer. The existential undertones from 'A Ghost Story' are still prevalent in a more hopeful light.

Robert Redford was an absolute delight in it, which was imperative given how often characters said he was such, and managed to pull off both sides of Forrest's character. He was clearly having a great time. It was also good having Casey Affleck (the actor) back on the screen although that won't last due to Casey Affleck (the person).

The pacing was a bit off - it sets you up for a crime thriller then slows right down to become a character study after around 35 minutes - but it fit into the overall message.

It was just a really soothing, tragic, pleasant, melancholic way to spend 90 minutes.