What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

6 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

If you haven't seen Searching at the cinema, I'd recommend it. Really cleverly done. Touching, amusing in parts and thrilling throughout. For once, this is a film which entirely takes place on a computer screen and doesn't feel like a gimmick.

I liked most of it, and I didn't think you had to suspend your disbelief too much. A couple of 'really?' moments, but nothing too severe. 

It had a good central character, somewhat interesting story, and had a nice, wee message running through it. 

I think I'll to watch it again to see if there was actually any need for it to be presented the way it was though. That said, a mystery is probably the genre best suited to the format due to how much can be hidden in plain sight. 

Have to agree on the central character. He carries the entire thing brilliantly, although Debra Messing deserves credit for her own turn in it.

I liked how there was a gradual "she knows more than she's letting on" thing in her performance and it tied in with the big reveals brilliantly, and I'm going to have to go back again as I'm sure that there's other big stuff I probably missed. That reveal with the ginger lassie in the pic was fucking outstanding, as they covered up that twist quite well.

World War Z (2013)

Brad Pitt hops from Philadelphia to an Aircraft Carrier mid-Atlantic, to South Korea, to Jerusalem to Wales & finally to Nova Scotia battling an undead plague, without even a wink of sleep. :lol:

A pile of nonsense, maybe a good opportunity wasted & not a patch on 28 Days.

Some good effects though & clocked George Sq, Glasgow  standing in as a double for Philly.

4/10

World War Z (2013)
Brad Pitt hops from Philadelphia to an Aircraft Carrier mid-Atlantic, to South Korea, to Jerusalem to Wales & finally to Nova Scotia battling an undead plague, without even a wink of sleep. [emoji38]
Some good effects though & clocked George Sq, Glasgow  standing in as a double for Philly.
4/10

personally didnt enjoy it. saw it years ago and if i remember correctly it didnt really have an ending? might need to ty it again

jason bourne 6/10 (netflix)

easy way to lose a few hours. intresting enough film but not a patch on the first 3. to be honest it reeks of trying to cash in on the franchises success so they cobbled together any old shit. also matt damon is looking old!

7 hours ago, ah-dee said:
11 hours ago, Silverton End said:
World War Z (2013)
Brad Pitt hops from Philadelphia to an Aircraft Carrier mid-Atlantic, to South Korea, to Jerusalem to Wales & finally to Nova Scotia battling an undead plague, without even a wink of sleep. emoji38.png
4/10

personally didnt enjoy it. saw it years ago and if i remember correctly it didnt really have an ending? might need to ty it again

It was on either ch4 or Film4 the other week so may well be on again soon.

Aye the ending was a bit meh, I was just willing the movie to end tbh.

8 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

The Death Of Stalin. It was a bit darker than I thought it was going to be, some cracking one liners though. Jason Isaacs stole the show as the Russian army general with a thick Yorkshire accent.

Rupert Friend is fucking great as well. Nowhere near enough of him in it.

Truth or Dare (Netflix)

A decent enough watch. A group of friends become involved in a game of Truth or Dare. It's a wee bit different to a normal game of it as if you don't manage to complete your challenge you die.

6/10
Was that the one where the trailer showed them all making the goofy face before they died in some bizarre, final destination like way? Didn't realise that had ended up on Netflix already