What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

17 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Dead Man's Shoes.

Revenge movie - brilliant but harrowing - can't stop thinking about it.

More than worth watching again, although I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing so. 

Possibly my favourite film ever.  That's exactly how I described it after watching it a few years ago.

15 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
19 hours ago, paranoid android said:
Dead Man's Shoes.
Revenge movie - brilliant but harrowing - can't stop thinking about it.
More than worth watching again, although I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing so. 

Just watched it. Quite good but not harrowing in the slightest.

I'm a Hertz fan, m8 - I know harrowing. 

(133-134)

Justice League...Assemble (gen don’t know the name) 8/10

Starts where the one where he killed Superman left off. Ben Affleck assembles a team made up of Aquamans, Very Fast Autistic Boy, Wonder Woman, ermm a kind of half robot kid and I think that’s it. The baddie is Steppenwolf from the band of the same name. Some confusion when they bring Superman back from the dead but Mrs C did exclaim how nice his body was. What else?...The superfast kid like they also have in X Men was the best by far, funny funny kid “Dostoevsky” LOL. Anyway they win in the end. Much better than any Avengers film. #TEAMDC. (Sky)

Jumanji 7/10

Starts where the last one left off a group of American kids get brought into a videogame. 35 minutes of them getting used to their bodies/penus jokes. Kevin Hart is VERY funny. They meet a Jonas brother and win in the end. (Sky)

On 23/08/2018 at 19:09, Mark Connolly said:

Christopher Robin

What an absolutely beautiful film. A lovely story, it looks fantastic, and there are a few moments where someone definitely starts cutting onions in the cinema, which I’d imagine will be a nightmare in 4DX.

I also absolutely fucking love Tigger.

I was doing pretty well at hiding the emotions until...

Spoiler

“I have to let some people go”

”Did you...let me go?”

:bairn

I'd genuinely completely forgotten about Tigger's song ( been a long time since I've come across ANYTHING Pooh related ) so when that suddenly seemed set to start, I nearly hit the roof with joy.

Edited by Mayor Wilkins III

I'd genuinely completely forgotten about Tigger's song ( been a long time since I've come across ANYTHING Pooh related ) so when that suddenly seemed set to start, I nearly hit the roof with joy.

Strikes me much more as a film aimed at adults who grew up with it than current children. But I guess that’s the beauty, it can target all ages.

The Happytime Murders

Pretty shite with humour of the lowest possible brow, which just so happens to be my kind of thing. Not much to say. Daft cobbled together plot, barely 80 minutes long and some funny moments from Melissa Mccarthy. I'll probably forget I watched it by tomorrow but enjoyable enough while it lasted.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The one where if you get passed a piece of paper with a certain symbol on, you get munched?
One of the finest of its genre. Tremendous.

Yeah, I thought the special effects with the smoke were pretty decent also. The monster was pretty bad but I’d rather have that than cgi.

Older films build a storyline so much better and build suspense. 

Searching - 8/10 (cinema). Really enjoyed this. Twists and turns galore, and although often quite predicable and cringeworthy at points, it is overall an excellent film.

Action Point - 7/10. Surprisingly watchable (and dare I say it, good) new Johnny Knoxville dumb comedy. Good way to switch off for an hour and a half.

Slender Man - 1/10. Abysmal. Can’t even remember what (if anything) happened, as I was too busy trying to focus on staying awake.

Blackkklansman. Cineworld.

Don’t think I’ve seen a film before where I started blubbing again the morning after seeing it, so powerful was the ending (and the ending was really just tacked on by chance).

Our main character gets a job as his city’s first non-white policeman. Becomes a detective and after spotting a newspaper ad decides to troll the KKK. Ends up getting invited along and has to send a white colleague as him. Much mayhem ensues. 

As you’d expect from a Spike Lee film set in the 1970’s the soundtrack is superb. It’s really funny but that humour makes the darker elements all the more jarring. He was already in post-production when Charlottesville happened and the gruesome footage from there is assimilated into the film. 

It’s not just about the KKK and America. It’s about how brilliant it is to love and respect one another and how shite hatred and intolerance is. 

So many terrific performances - hard to single anyone out. 

It must be a very low end 15 certificate - it’s the sort of thing they should show in Modern Studies or History lessons at school. 

Blackkklansman. Cineworld.
Don’t think I’ve seen a film before where I started blubbing again the morning after seeing it, so powerful was the ending (and the ending was really just tacked on by chance).
Our main character gets a job as his city’s first non-white policeman. Becomes a detective and after spotting a newspaper ad decides to troll the KKK. Ends up getting invited along and has to send a white colleague as him. Much mayhem ensues. 
As you’d expect from a Spike Lee film set in the 1970’s the soundtrack is superb. It’s really funny but that humour makes the darker elements all the more jarring. He was already in post-production when Charlottesville happened and the gruesome footage from there is assimilated into the film. 
It’s not just about the KKK and America. It’s about how brilliant it is to love and respect one another and how shite hatred and intolerance is. 
So many terrific performances - hard to single anyone out. 
It must be a very low end 15 certificate - it’s the sort of thing they should show in Modern Studies or History lessons at school. 

Think the use of the N word these days correlates the certificate.

Great film btw.

43 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Think the use of the N word these days correlates the certificate.

Great film btw.

Ah, never realised. There was a recent documentary about a guy trying to introduce kids to hip hop and the director was raging about it being a 15 (due to sweary words) I think Hull Council relented and classed it as a 12A so school kids could watch it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45181281 

(135-137)

The Spy Who Dumped Me 6/10

Kinda ok. Mila Kunis is watchable in anything. Great action sequences, humour fell a bit flat from time to time. (cinema)

The Little Hours 9.5/10

Quite brilliant/WTF/vaguely Monty Python/Mel Brooks thing set in a convent in the Middle Ages starring all the US comedians eg: Aubrey Plaza, Alison Brie, John C Reilly and with a cast like that even a rubbish film would be great! It’s a really sweary and very stupid romp that people seem to hate (5.8 on IMDb) but I absolutely LOVED it. There’s some brilliant set pieces, notably James Franco’s brother’s confession to John C Reilly when he describes all his sexual sins which is probably on YouTube so you should just watch that bit at least. I can’t state how stupid this movie is and how most people would hate it, but again, I loved it, there’s some brilliant racism - are Guelph people a real thing? Because Nick Offerman hates them! The story is very, very thin and it would probably work better as an extended sketch. There are tits. Wish there was more absolutely stupid movies like this. (dvd)

The Creeping Flesh 8/10

It’s got everything you want from a Hammer-esque horror film. Chris Lee and Peter Cushing play brothers. A mad scientist and the head of a lunatic asylum. There’s a mad wife (dead), a beautiful but troubled daughter, a skeleton and an escaped lunatic.

There’s this bit where Cushing creates this serum to inoculate people against evil, and he gives it to a monkey, but it actually works the other way and makes people violent

Which is basically the plot from...

28 Days Later

I’ve a good mind to write to...

Danny Boyle

and...

Alex Garland

and expose them for the thieves that they are! (Vimeo)

Edited by Christophe