What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Hampden Ton

BASEketball 9/10

This film may not be everyones cup of tea, but I never tire of it! I thought it was hilarious the first time I saw it and I still enjoy seeing it again and again.

Its basically a comedy about 2 friends (Matt Stone and Trey Parker - creators of South Park) who invent a new game in their driveway and it becomes a national sport. Its Basketball with Baseball rules, with the players trying to 'Psyche Out' each other into missing their shot (these include rude comments, fake finger slicing and pretending to drink fat that was liposuctioned out of Marlon Brando's ass!).

When a beautiful women enters their lives (Yasmin Bleeth) and a manipulative tycoon (Robert Vaughan) manages to blackmail them, the friendship deteriorates, but by the end, they kiss and make up (literally!) and re-unite to play in the World Championship final.

Great moments? There are loads, but Squeak's psyche out against the LA Riots gets me every time!

Squeak - "Hey Tuttle"

Tuttle - "Yeah?"

Squeak - "Your mother's deaf."

Tuttle - "My mother's dead, you little twerp!"

Squeak - "I guess that's why she didn't move around a lot."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seen the Da Vinci Code for the 1st time last night.

Enjoyed it to an extent, but it was kinda one paced, and most of the time I was wondering how they were gonnae handle the scenes from the book rather than concentrating on the actual film.

My wife (who hasn't read the book) thought it was pretty dull. I expect, if you've not read it, all the stuff about the Priory of Sion and Opus Dei would go right over your head as they were both explained in much more detail in the book.

Overall, I'd give it 6/10.

Hellraiser Bloodline 8/10 - far better than the first three :D

Just need to watch Hellseeker, Deader and Hellworld, if I can buy the last two cheaply enough. :D

Edited by SaltyTON

Pretty Woman.

Didn't see much, from what I did see it was pretty rubbish but... it did have Jason Alexander playing Richard Gere's lawyer and it was just a tamer version of George from Seinfeld. Even did that snorty laugh. Gets four bonus points for that.

7/10

Which means you were going to give it a generous 3/10 :huh::P

Hellraiser Inferno (5th one) - 9/10.

The first three of the series were okay, but this was the first one to be totally enthralling. If the other 3 are even half as good as this they'll be quality! :)

No name cast apart from Craig Sheffer who I remembered from Dracula 2 and Doug Bradley, Pinhead and the guy from the Insurance ads on the back of buses and James Ramer - Rayden in Mortal Kombat Annhilation.

Edited by SaltyTON

Taxi Driver 10/10

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c***s, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up."

Class. De Niro's finest in my opinion. The benchmark for Dead Man's Shoes, there are so many similarities between Travis Bickle and Richard.

I've not seen The Departed yet but it's got a lot to live up to if it stands along side this, Raging Bull and Goodfellas

I've not seen The Departed yet but it's got a lot to live up to if it stands along side this, Raging Bull and Goodfellas

It really is that good, I think. It was actually quite refreshing that Scorsese has changed his regular setting from Italian-American NYC to Irish-American Boston for The Departed - helped avoid it being too cliched.

I've got Infernal Affairs on DVD to watch so I can see how it compares to the original :)

It really is that good, I think. It was actually quite refreshing that Scorsese has changed his regular setting from Italian-American NYC to Irish-American Boston for The Departed - helped avoid it being too cliched.

I've got Infernal Affairs on DVD to watch so I can see how it compares to the original :)

I am finally going to see The Departed on Saturday.

I shall be sure to offer my own comparison wth the brilliant original!

I am finally going to see The Departed on Saturday.

I shall be sure to offer my own comparison wth the brilliant original!

I watched Goodfellas last weekend, The Departed compares very well to it. I can practically recite Goodfellas though, what a cliche I am. I agree with COlin in that it's interesting to switch 'culture' to the Irish is refreshing. It helps that Matt Damon is from Boston, as is Mark Wahlberg, who surprisingly is excellent ("Do we look like c***s to you?" :lol: ).

Posiedon 5/10

Does exactly what you think it will, just your bog standard action movie. The biggest diappointment was just how poorly developed the charcters were. The film alluded to some quite interesting back stories, but failed to expand upon them. As a result the film relies on it's spectacular special effects and 'set-piece' cliffhanging scenes, but it's a case of having seen it all before. The disaster scenario and the coming together of disparate personalities is very like Stallone's Daylight and the fact it's set on a cruise ship (albeit a contemporary one) means it cannot escape the echoes of Titanic.

Ok if you're wanting a dumb, cheesy, mildly thrilling movie that you don't have to think too carefully about.

Heat - 7.5/10

A good film this, although for me it didn't quite reach the level i thought it might. I wanted to give it 8/10 or above badly but i couldn't bring myself to do so. I felt one or two aspects of the film fell into place a little too easily devaluing the storyline and at times i felt it a tad unrealistic although i know in action movies realism will not always be strived for. A very good cast however and some impressive individual performances. Overall this is a good action movie that definately will not disappoint, it just doesn't have that certain something to make it a great movie rather than a good movie, in my opinion anyway.

Click,was pretty good-7/10.

Is it as comedy orientated as his other movies? Heard it hit more of a somber note? Must admit, for pure brainless hilarity, you can't beat Happy Gilmore :D

The Departed

10/10 Absolutely brilliant. :D

Ah, really want to see this now. Tons of people have been giving it rave reviews.

Pretty Woman.

Didn't see much, from what I did see it was pretty rubbish but... it did have Jason Alexander playing Richard Gere's lawyer and it was just a tamer version of George from Seinfeld. Even did that snorty laugh. Gets four bonus points for that.

7/10

Julia Roberts, back in the day = hot. :D

Watched the Player last night on Film 4. Excellent film, not creepy, not scary, more chilling. Top entertainment. 9/10