What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

(190-193)

What We Do In The Shadows 3/10

Absolute rubs. (BBC2)

Eagle vs Shark 6/10

I enjoyed this for the time that I was watching it, but when it was finished I was left asking "so what? How has that contributed anything to the world?" Good film tho. (DVD)

The Death of Stalin 9/10

It wasn't as "hilarious" as I was expecting and it was pretty fucking dark all the way through, but the casting, acting and stylistic decisions were all absolutely spot on. Simon Russell Beale in particular was utterly brilliant but great turns from Tambor, Palin and Isaacs too. (cinema)

Thor 3: Even Thorer 7/10

Nothing much to this but it looked utterly spectacular and I was laughing all the way through. The director's recurring cameo as rock-man Korg was the highlight. (cinema)

12 hours ago, Christophe said:

(190-193)

What We Do In The Shadows 3/10

Absolute rubs. (BBC2)

Thor 3: Even Thorer 7/10

Nothing much to this but it looked utterly spectacular and I was laughing all the way through. The director's recurring cameo as rock-man Korg was the highlight. (cinema)

I'd looked forward to seeing What We Do In The Shadows but the missus and I switched it off after about 40 mins. Same director as this latest Thor. Not being a big fan of superhero films anyway this makes me even less inclined than usual to watch it. 

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd looked forward to seeing What We Do In The Shadows but the missus and I switched it off after about 40 mins. Same director as this latest Thor. Not being a big fan of superhero films anyway this makes me even less inclined than usual to watch it. 

Yeah same lad as Eagle vs Shark too, was trying to catch up on the ones of his I hadn't seen before I done Thor.

If you've seen Hunt For The Wilderpeople you might be more inclined to give Thor a go, that's his too. If not watch HFTP instead, it's good.

Edited by Christophe

20 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Yeah same lad as Eagle vs Shark too, was trying to catch up on the ones of his I hadn't seen before I done Thor.

If you've seen Hunt For The Wilderpeople you might be more inclined to give Thor a go, that's his too. If not watch HFTP instead, it's good.

Cheers. Wittertainment stand-in Clarisse was pretty taken by Thor:

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I thought "What We Do In The Shadows" was fucking ace.

I really expected to like it and always enjoyed Flight of the Conchords but it never even raised a smile for me. Maybe just in a bad mood or had been boozing - might give it a second go one day. 

(194)

Blackfish 8.9/10

Crucial doco about how the killer whales at Seaworld go mental and start scalping their trainers. Was worried it was going to be some vegan eco-bollocks but it was actually ace. After seeing it I've decided not to start eating killer whale. (Netflix)