What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Lone Survivor:
Was recommended this by a work colleague, and another "based on a true story" afghan war film.
Mark Wahlberg plays a us marine along with 5 or 6 others who go on Operation Red Wing deep into The afghan mountains to identify (and presumably wipe out) a terrorist leader. But shit goes south and they're set about by swarms of terrorists.
Excellent action scenes, would watch again. 8/10

I watched the Autopsy of Jane Doe the other night, was a decent mystery horror film that started out very well and then faded a little bit and made little sense towards the end. 6/10

Watched this the other night as well. Quite enjoyed it. Good wee horror without trying too hard. What did you think made no sense near the end out of interest?

I'd probably mark it 6/10 as well actually!

Watched this the other night as well. Quite enjoyed it. Good wee horror without trying too hard. What did you think made no sense near the end out of interest?

I'd probably mark it 6/10 as well actually!

I don't know, it just seemed that things were happening at random that made no sense and it deviated from quite an interesting storyline about the mysterious body. Don't you think?

I don't know, it just seemed that things were happening at random that made no sense and it deviated from quite an interesting storyline about the mysterious body. Don't you think?

I just thought her being a witch covered everything. I did think her not coming back to life was a bit pointless though. But I'm guessing the point was that she had to look as normal as possible so the next victims would go through the same think as our characters.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I just thought her being a witch covered everything. I did think her not coming back to life was a bit pointless though. But I'm guessing the point was that she had to look as normal as possible so the next victims would go through the same think as our characters.

Well i don't think her coming back to life would have really worked as she was far more creepy having powers despite her insides being removed. Just think the way it went didn't really work for me, still enjoyed it but it could have been far better.

Couple over the weekend

Risen - Easter story from a Roman soldiers perspective, stars one the Fiennes (cant remember which one) and Draco from Harry Potter, actually quite a good film, well shot and acted, ruined by a really poor special effect at the end 7/10

Colonia - True story set during the Pinochet military coup in Chile and the protection afforded to a German cult 6.5/10

U571
Good film but why pretend it was Americans that got the enigma? The subs seemed realistic though and a great performance from McConnaughey.
7/10

Because USA won the war(at least in the world as Hollywood sees it). I agree U571 is an enjoyable film

22 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

That new Fast and Furious film was fucking ridiculous. Still, despite Vin Diesel being awful it's entertaining and even more sweet as I didn't pay for it. 7/10

I thought it was fucking terrible. Another movie that had me close to walking out, but this one gets the record for only taking about 10 minutes to manage that.

I did like most of the Statham stuff though, and the idea of a spin off with him and The Rock actually seems like it could be fun.

I thought it was fucking terrible. Another movie that had me close to walking out, but this one gets the record for only taking about 10 minutes to manage that.
I did like most of the Statham stuff though, and the idea of a spin off with him and The Rock actually seems like it could be fun.

I've enjoyed the humorous side of Statham, in this and especially Spy. The Fast films are a pile of shit but it's just so watchable just to see what stupid stuff they get up to. I still despise Vin Diesel though.

The ludicrous stuff when the submarine was coming through the ice was more like what I was wanting. Even the action was terrible most of the way which was disappointing. I really enjoyed the last couple. This one seemed to just struggle.

EDIT: I don't mean the rapper btw.

Edited by Randy Giles

Sand Castle
Netflix made Iraq war movie, a couple of familiar faces in it, really enjoyed it , action was well done and a good story. 8/10

That was a good call. Quite enjoyed it last night despite some of the US soldier characters being utterly loathsome but that's the same with all the genre.