What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Really?

All the reviews i have heard about it are awful. Apparently it had half of the people leaving the cinema half way through, with the other half sleeping :o which is dissapointing considering how good the first film is. Will probably still see it, but im not holding my breath expecting anythign brilliant.

Last film i saw was Hostage, with Bruce Willis.

Thought it was a great film, with almost everything you want to see (no hot women in it is the only thing i thought was missing). Good story line and plenty of action.

8/10

Michelle Horn's in it, she was 18 when it was made! So she's 19 now! :D

michellehair.jpg

The Proposition 8/10

Starring Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone and written by Nick Cave, I wasn't exactly expecting a laugh-a-minute chucklefest. Needless to say this is a gloomy film - An Australian 'western' based around themes of revenge and justice. What I liked about it was the lack of clearly defined morality; there's no real black and white clear cut characters. A lot of the time you're wondering about underlying motives. It's a slow burner, a little too much in the first half (in fact, my girlfriend asked after the first half hour, 'Why didn't you just get Big Mommas House 2?' :rolleyes: ) and the ending is inevitable, if not totally predictable. It's nicely shot and the performances are great, especially Ray Winstone and Emily Watson as a husband and wife.

Its well worth a watch if you're looking for a thoughtful, yet ultra-violent movie to rent.

Guest doonhamerexile

A History of Violence

It was quite good, some of the violence is quite graphic, but it has a very surreal feel to it. It is almost like a modern day western. I enjoyed it though. 8/10.

B)

Went to see Superman Returns yesterday and on reflection I was quite disappointed. The casting of Bosworth was pretty poor (to young and wholesome to be a cynical cigarette smoking journo) and Brandon Routh was basically playing Christopher Reeve playing Superman - not enough of Clerk Kent for my liking. both leads seemed too young to be the Superman and Lois Lane I remember - but then maybe I am just getting on a bit. Also, the rest of the film never quite lived up to the expectations raised by the plane rescue at the start.

I did love Kevin Spacey and Parker Posey as well as all the nods to the original film.

6.5/10

Went to see Superman Returns yesterday and on reflection I was quite disappointed. The casting of Bosworth was pretty poor (to young and wholesome to be a cynical cigarette smoking journo) and Brandon Routh was basically playing Christopher Reeve playing Superman - not enough of Clerk Kent for my liking. both leads seemed too young to be the Superman and Lois Lane I remember - but then maybe I am just getting on a bit. Also, the rest of the film never quite lived up to the expectations raised by the plane rescue at the start.

I did love Kevin Spacey and Parker Posey as well as all the nods to the original film.

6.5/10

It wasn't even that good! The best bit was the town model that got trashed in the first crystal expansion, and it referenced just about every disaster previously seen in a Superman film. I thought Bryan Singer would have made a far stronger effort with it. Mind you they are just too many comic book films now, saturation of the market has now happened. Spiderman 3 should be good though.

Guest Hampden Ton

Superman Returns 9.5/10

I'm very surprised by the reviews above as I absolutely loved this movie! For any Superman fans out there who grew up with Christopher Reeve as the Man of Steel, this is a welcome addition to the franchise. This film is superb from start to finish. I felt like a 5 year old kid again as soon as the John Williams theme began! The action sequences are excellent, particularly the plane sequence, and the 2 and a half hours flys (no pun intended!) by. I would warn parents though as young kids may be disturbed by the violence towards the end (when Superman confronts Luthor and his henchmen).

Brandon Routh is an excellent choice as Superman (he's eerily similar to Reeve - looks and sounds like him, but his Clark Kent isn't quite there yet) and Spacey excels as Lex Luthor (making more out of the Evil in 'Evil Genius'). I think too many people know Lois Lane as either Margot Kidder or Teri Hatcher, and whilst both did a good job, Kate Bosworth does justice to her own adaptation (remember, this is Lois Lane as a mother, bitter over Superman's disappearance and who has rightly moved on). The rest of the cast does a good job (but I have to admit that I didn't like Parker Posey!) and the nods to the original film are very welcome.

Roll on Superman Returns 2!

P.S. The movie is set after Superman 2 and ignores 3 & 4. Although missing out 4 is no bad thing, missing out the evil Superman story from 3 - especially the junkyard fight - is a shame! "You always wanted to fly Kent. Now's your chance!"

Edited by Hampden Ton

Superman Returns 9.5/10

Kate Bosworth does justice to her own adaptation (remember, this is Lois Lane as a mother, bitter over Superman's disappearance and who has rightly moved on).

Kate Bosworth was as convincingly bitter as a bag of pink sugar! Where was the bottle of gin?!? She looked like she'd never smoked a cigarette in her life!