What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I enjoyed Clovie 2 the Clovening.  But the film initially had nothing to do with the Cloverfield universe.  They just tagged that bit on in reshoots.  The film probably would not have had as much hype had it just been John Goodman in a Fritzel homage.

Lofarl, on 20 Mar 2016 - 19:18, said:

I enjoyed Clovie 2 the Clovening.  But the film initially had nothing to do with the Cloverfield universe.  They just tagged that bit on in reshoots.  The film probably would not have had as much hype had it just been John Goodman in a Fritzel homage.

I'm glad they did. They should do that with more movies which deserve a bigger audience.

Kung Fu Panda 3 - yeah, was alright; not quite as good as the others but still worth seeing.

Had nothing to do with Cloverfield, however, and Jack Black is no John Goodman. Having kids is shite   :angry:

Bought an Unlimited Card yesterday so went to see two films

10 Cloverfield Lane - 7/10. John Goodman was great in it and the girl is a total wid. Builds tension well but I hated the ending.

The Boy - 2/10. Hilariously bad. I went on the basis that it was probably going to be shite. People, including myself, were in stitches at some of the stuff that went on.

Room - didn't really think it'd be my cup of tea, but i really enjoyed it, 7/10 for me.

The survivalist - if you haven't seen it, save yourselves a couple of hours & don't bother, biggest load of shite i've seen in ages. I'll give it a generous 1/10.

Cloverfield Lane. 7/10. Wasted. Few hours while working away. Few tense moments and a few jumps. I thought John Goodman was decent in this. Even without watching the original cloverfield you could watch this just noting the premise of the first film.

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

I'll get the accent thing out of the road first, personally I'd have preferred German actors with sub titles but hey ho it's still a very good film.

Although it's been out a few years now I somehow managed to avoid the major spoiler but as soon as the scene is set when the German lad meets the young Jewish boy it's pretty easy to guess what's going to happen but even so the ending is powerful and very harrowing to watch. I'll give it 8/10

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

I'll get the accent thing out of the road first, personally I'd have preferred German actors with sub titles but hey ho it's still a very good film.

Although it's been out a few years now I somehow managed to avoid the major spoiler but as soon as the scene is set when the German lad meets the young Jewish boy it's pretty easy to guess what's going to happen but even so the ending is powerful and very harrowing to watch. I'll give it 8/10

I've watched this a few times now. Other than the first occasion, I haven't managed to the end, simply because I can't take watching the last scene again.