Next Seasons Kits

Not this season. ;)

My understanding is that custom designs cost a significant amount more than standard templated designs, so it's a bit of a gamble for clubs to go for them. If they can come up with a design that will sell well enough to cover the difference, then it's a good idea. Obviously Thistle have exploited this well in recent years, and Airdrie are hoping to do the same this season.

of course, you're right, to get a completely new made fabric will bump the cost off above takking the same stuff as everyone else

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bet Partick outsell most clubs in terms of away shirts sold so I reckon they'll still make more money than if they just had a bog standard away shirt. The problem is how long before the novelty of a mental strip wears off? If it does of course. Marseille seem to get away with having mental away shirts season on season, although they're a bit different in that they're a foreign club who are relatively high profile, I doubt there are many neutrals (read: "neds") walking around Glasgow in Partick away shirts just because they look cool.

The puma template material is pretty rubbish, I prefer kits with mesh panelling as I sweat like a beast when I'm playing fives. I can't wait until we get another kit supplier.

I love the Puma fabric. Although my favourite fabric to wear was our Bukta kit, that was soft as feck which led to many complaints that it got ripped in the wash or something if I remember correctly.

I've handled the sample and it seemed to be at least just as good as anything else we've had. Would you describe the East Fife strips as baggy mostrosities with nipple scratcher badges?

I would, yes. I hope the Dumbarton ones are better quality though - cracking designs.

OK you're an East Fife fan so you don't really know any better, given the amount of howlers your team have had recently, so........

Might not be to everybody's taste, but it is a cracking strip. Better than pink and maroon.

I would, yes. I hope the Dumbarton ones are better quality though - cracking designs.

Hmm, it's the same company making them. What might be different though is the fans ones are made of a thicker material (like the last vandanel kit we had) not the shiny stuff

Should be in very, very soon so I guess well find out but to me the samples seemed perfect, the away top in particular looks properly amazing in the flesh :)

Yeah absolutely if you're playing 5s or something of course. I don't wear a jersey to the games personally but I do expect and accept that I'll see them at the ground.

But cutting around town in a football jersey just shows a stunning lack of self-respect and awareness. Adults and older children should know better.

I agree with most of your points here. Replica football strips are acceptable from the age of 4 to about 17.

If you wear one to 5's, or a kickaboot up the park - fair enough.

Replica football shirts on older women looks f****** horrendous!

I also think that kids strips should only be sold as a full kit - might encourage them to go and play football, instead of just watching it on TV, or playing FIFA. It would be easy to supply shorts and socks and keep the price within the £30 - £35 mark.

gotta say i think that thistle kit is shit.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you plan on changing your team over the coming months.

That Thistle away top is a cracker,

But re your sponsor,

Didn't they go into LIQUIDation? :D

Sorry..... Bad joke but serious question.

Sangs, the actual company, were bought over by an American drinks company a month or two after they went bust. They're fine now and back as our sponsor after a brief spell of some business management thing.

Ahh yes! the 08-09 kit was my favourite for some time yeah you're right it was rather tender material. I'm just saying for a nike, adidas and umbro templates you're getting a decent kit that was used by "bigger" clubs maybe a season before, again this is just my opinion. For example Countys home kit last year would have looked great for us unfortunately Dayglo FC had the same design. Thoughts?

FYI that strip was for the good cause that is Maggie's.

The only charity that could be associated with the new Pars away top would be Comic Relief.

In that case, it is the best strip ever made.

Was in the Pars shop on Monday and both strips look far better in the flesh, apart from the badges and sponsors which feel like tracing paper. Some decent looking leisurewear as well.

Archived