Next Seasons Kits

1339779032[/url]' post='6339585']

Better image of the new Morton home kit (away is the same as last seasons). Looks great from the front, but the back is plain white again which is disappointing. Would have contemplated buying it if the hoops went right around.

STRIP_2012_-_2013.jpg

Really like the new top. I'll need to get a look at the back though. That thistle away top is a cracker

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. I saw a few people in frankie and benny's at the weekend with football tops on, and it just looks shite. One was a hearts top, the other a rangers new one. The guy even had "we don't do walking away" on the back. Awful. Frankie and benny's in Dunfermline by the way...

The backs horrific. Made of a net like material kind of like bibs wore at 5s.

Different from the front

like the mesh nike strips used to have circa 2003? Will be to keep the players cooler or summink

there would maybe be something to be said for getting the teams shirts & the fans shirts made differently? Just order however many team strips you need like they are then get the rest with hoopy backs on normal material

like the mesh nike strips used to have circa 2003? Will be to keep the players cooler or summink

Always a handy thing for the Morton players on those balmy Scottish cup replay trips to Arbroath & Peterhead in December and January ;)

Edited to add.

I see the point of mesh strips for Summer use (for players) and for guys (fans)who play 5's and the like.

Other than that replica tops are for fannies.

1339784757[/url]' post='6339863']

The new Morton jersey is a smart garment, I look forward to seeing it from my seat it the stand.

Anyone who wears a replica jersey in public though is an absolute reprobate.

Wearing them to play or watch football is fine.

Kind of like the Nike strips however it's the whole back. Can understand this under the arms or part of a panel however this is the whole back from the seams.

Looks horrific just now never mind the catches it will very easily get and also wash differently.

There is also a sponsor onthe back which looks strange printed on the netting aswell.

Wearing them to play or watch football is fine.

Yeah absolutely if you're playing 5s or something of course. I don't wear a jersey to the games personally but I do expect and accept that I'll see them at the ground.

But cutting around town in a football jersey just shows a stunning lack of self-respect and awareness. Adults and older children should know better.

I think the thistle designs are just down to someone at the club asking for something a bit different & letting the companies designers go nuts, probably every other team just asks for a few sample designs & picks one

I think our ability to avoid the standard template designs is down to Greaves Sports, who run our club shop, merchandising etc. They, I imagine, give us more influence and sway over Puma than we would otherwise have as 1st division team. Delighted that we have them on board, our strips have been superb since they got involved (barring our current home top).

I think our ability to avoid the standard template designs is down to Greaves Sports, who run our club shop, merchandising etc. They, I imagine, give us more influence and sway over Puma than we would otherwise have as 1st division team. Delighted that we have them on board, our strips have been superb since they got involved (barring our current home top).

as I understand it though, it's not puma, it's a company called Genesis Sports who have the rights to use the Puma badge on stuff they make. I reckon any club that was brave enough could have anything they liked but only Partick bother to ask.

as I understand it though, it's not puma, it's a company called Genesis Sports who have the rights to use the Puma badge on stuff they make. I reckon any club that was brave enough could have anything they liked but only Partick bother to ask.

Not this season. ;)

My understanding is that custom designs cost a significant amount more than standard templated designs, so it's a bit of a gamble for clubs to go for them. If they can come up with a design that will sell well enough to cover the difference, then it's a good idea. Obviously Thistle have exploited this well in recent years, and Airdrie are hoping to do the same this season.

The half kit was used by tottenham the year before. Even last seasons pink effort was a standard kit done in pish colours. Partick do well with their different away kits because they must have someone at the club who has an idea about what looks interesting and will sell.

That home strip is awful, certainly the worst of our strips in my memory.

I think the away kit is nice though which is weird because it's basically just a reverse of the home kit.

Got to agree I don't like the home kit but really like the away . blink.gif

Archived