what new phone to upgrade to

just went from my iPhone 4 £42 a month contract to a Nokia lumia 800 and the thing is brilliant!

Its quick as hell, easy to use and it comes with office!

Not to mention a free set of monster headphones

A free Xbox 360 and a wee free car accesory pack.

and what will it cost? £180 less a year (and I still have the iPhone!)

Only problem I have with Windows phone is that it doesn't have a great app selection. Anyway must have free game for Windows Phone is Call of Carlos. It is challenging and addictive. Get it now. 8)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only problem I have with Windows phone is that it doesn't have a great app selection. Anyway must have free game for Windows Phone is Call of Carlos. It is challenging and addictive. Get it now. 8)

cheers, and i believe the apps will come.. slowly but they will come.. xbox game integration would be great.. like a fable game where you can earn stuf for your character or something

Thinking about picking up the HTC One X on Monday, anyone got it and what is the opinion on it?

Really like the one x, got it during the week. My only gripe is no sed card slot and you can't change the battery. Other than that it's great, the samsung 3 does look realy good too.

Thinking about picking up the HTC One X on Monday, anyone got it and what is the opinion on it?

I've not got it, but my mate has one, and I've played around with it, and it is too big for my tastes. It might be smaller than the Galaxy Note, but where the Galaxy Note seems to fit well in your hand and feels quite comfy, the One X feels like its designed for someone with shovels for hands. Too big for my tastes. Otherwise, its a top notch Android phone!

I've not got it, but my mate has one, and I've played around with it, and it is too big for my tastes. It might be smaller than the Galaxy Note, but where the Galaxy Note seems to fit well in your hand and feels quite comfy, the One X feels like its designed for someone with shovels for hands. Too big for my tastes. Otherwise, its a top notch Android phone!

Yeah, I felt the One X was too big so went for the One S. Same UI as the One X and would concur it is a top notch Android phone, albeit specs-wise a notch below the X and S3 I suppose.

There are some decent offers on the One X & S available at the moment - I'm paying £18/month (24 month contract) and I've seen the X for £21.

Managed to have a look at a couple of the new phones in a shop today while it was busy, meaning no annoying sales twats would come up and annoy me.

The HTC One X is a bloody slab! The S is also bigger than my HTC Desire. Think I might go for an iPhone, seemed OK even if it is a bit thicker. Will do some research on the best deal for me so I can threaten Orange with me in an attempt to get some goodies when I ask for my code to switch providers.

If I go for a 32 gig iPhone 4s will I end up regret being cheap and not getting a 64gb one?

Yeah, I felt the One X was too big so went for the One S. Same UI as the One X and would concur it is a top notch Android phone, albeit specs-wise a notch below the X and S3 I suppose.

There are some decent offers on the One X & S available at the moment - I'm paying £18/month (24 month contract) and I've seen the X for £21.

This is the beauty of the Android economy. HTC did crap in the last year with the GS2 destroying HTCs offering so now carriers can force down the price because HTC are no longer essential to their line up. I think the GS3 is going to be priced higher than the One X. mobiles.co.uk have the lowest GS3 price at £26 per month (no cost for the handset). On a 24 month contract that can add up to quite a price difference.

LG should have new phones soon and they are in a worse state than HTC so they might be dirt cheap with equivalent specs.

Managed to have a look at a couple of the new phones in a shop today while it was busy, meaning no annoying sales twats would come up and annoy me.

The HTC One X is a bloody slab! The S is also bigger than my HTC Desire. Think I might go for an iPhone, seemed OK even if it is a bit thicker. Will do some research on the best deal for me so I can threaten Orange with me in an attempt to get some goodies when I ask for my code to switch providers.

If I go for a 32 gig iPhone 4s will I end up regret being cheap and not getting a 64gb one?

You will regret buying an iPhone for the shear cost. Unless you can buy one upfront off contract then get a really cheap plan it works out alright.

You can get a free One X for less than £20 a month, a free iPhone 4S 32GB is nearer £40. Try and negotiate with disconnections, don't ask what discount they can give you tell them how much you are willing to pay and go from there. To get a good deal be prepared to offer to pay some money upfront for the phone too.

You will regret buying an iPhone for the shear cost. Unless you can buy one upfront off contract then get a really cheap plan it works out alright.

You can get a free One X for less than £20 a month, a free iPhone 4S 32GB is nearer £40. Try and negotiate with disconnections, don't ask what discount they can give you tell them how much you are willing to pay and go from there. To get a good deal be prepared to offer to pay some money upfront for the phone too.

With my upgrade for Orange I can get what I want for £31 a month and a free 16gb phone or about £50 for the 32gb, which I'll then get someone else to pay for me as a birthday present :lol:

Done some digging and £31 a month seems the best tariff for a free 16gb one with a fair bit needing spent for the 32gb.

Boils down to the iPhone at £31, or the Samsung SIII or HTC One X , both of which I can get for free on £26 a month for what I want (can get the SIII slightly cheaper from somewhere with a cashback).

Have had the HTC One X for about a month now, very good phone with a top notch OS. Really quick, and, contrary to reports (in my experience anyway) a decent battery life.

The size of the phone takes a while to get used to but it is a gorgeous screen with a high ppi. Camera is outstanding as well and the software for the camera is brilliant. The beats audio is also really good.

Would recommend it.

My opinion on what phone to get changes every five minutes. Had convinced myself to get an iPhone, but it seems you can't turn mobile data off for some reason which is something I'd feel more comfortable if I could do. Dunno if you can do it on the S3, can you do it on the One X?

My opinion on what phone to get changes every five minutes. Had convinced myself to get an iPhone, but it seems you can't turn mobile data off for some reason which is something I'd feel more comfortable if I could do. Dunno if you can do it on the S3, can you do it on the One X?

yes

Be warned about the iPhone...going back into the walled garden might be frustrating!

Is jumping from Android to iPhone not going to be annoying, if you paid for apps etc?

I'm cheap and don't pay for apps.

Be warned about the iPhone...going back into the walled garden might be frustrating!

:unsure: Dunno what you mean but it's looking like I'll be going for the SIII or One X anyway.

Archived