Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Saw this on Rangers Media:

Hearts v Hibs Scottish Cup Final 2012 Attendence: 51,041

Rangers v Celtic Scottish Cup Final 2002 Attendence: 51,138

Big difference there, eh?

goodone.png

Indeed.

1504: BBC Scotland's Clive Lindsay at Hampden: "Been to Old Firm finals, Scotland games - both football and rugby - but do not think I can remember an atmosphere like this. C'mon Feel the Noize indeed."

• 2 weeks later...

About time I updated on the best weekend of my life... I put all the different things that happened that weekend in a list on facebook, and asked people their opinion on which was the best :-)

a) Humping Hibs 5-1 in the final.

b) My dad phoned after I landed back at Edinburgh on the Friday afternoon, full of confidence that this was going to be Hibs year. He was that confident, he said in the event of a Hibs win he'd give me £300 towards the cost of my flights by way of consolation.

c) Me accepting the offer above gratefully, then promptly putting £200 on 4 bets for the final (hindsight says I should have done an accumulator but I'll let that one slide). My bets were: Hearts to lift the trophy; Hearts halftime/fulltime; Rudi Skacel anytime and Ryan McGowan anytime. Paid £640 :-)

d) Getting upgrades on our flights back to Orlando

e) When we returned to Florida on the Sunday, my girlfriend agreed to marry me. I'd prepared to propose at some point during the holiday, but when everything falls into place over a weekend you know it's a sign. She's as excited as I am at the idea of going to Brazil for our honeymoon in 2014 to co-incide with the World Cup- it's about the only part of the wedding we've done any level of planning for so far!

Best weekend ever :-D

I've been off this thread for a while now as I was struggling to cope with having an orgasm every day and had to calm down to a heart attack, but reading that story is just brilliant!

Congratulations mate, and I hope you and your lovely wife will be very happy in future, your weekend of the cup final will never be forgotten! thumbup2.gif

Had enough of Hibs. Worst game ever. Well done to hearts. I won't be back next season. I will also be demanding a season ticket refund.

At least at the end of the day. I can say I'm not one of those deluded scumbags like PauLO SERgio, I will follow my club until the day I die

Slowly but surely improvements if he is sacked before the end of next season ( unless we are rooted to the bottom ) i could possibly give up on the club that I love.

Probably my favourite posts in this thread. Unsurprisingly they are by two dense simpletons. Yet another empty threat by SOL.

07.png