Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

I can see McPake putting in an absolutely heroic performance at the back before Leigh Stunner picks up the ball in his own box on 95 mins and proceeds to George Weah it across the entire pitch and around Macdonald.

He'll then proceed to repeat Beattie's semi final celebration (exactly the same, also infront of the Hearts fans), picking up so many retrospective bans and breach of the peace charges that he's never seen on a football pitch again.

It's destiny.

Leigh Griffiths will get sent off for violent conduct in the latter stages of the match as Hibs trail.

He'll then do the GIRUY gesture at the Hearts fans and Hibs will use this as some sort of victory for years to come. Pictures will be put in sigs, gifs made etc.

Edited by JamboMikey

What will Hearts fans first emotion be if they win the cup ?

1) Relief at not seeing Hibs hoodoo broken live against their own team.

Or

2) Joy at winning the cup.

Not a dig at all. I think option 1 is perfectly understandable. Particularly given the scale and notoriety of Hibs Scottish Cup Hoodoo and the fact most Jambos have seen their team lift the trophy twice in recent years.

Doesn't work like that outside of the Old Firm. They'll be delighted to win in, regardless of the opposition as Paulo Sergio says.

As for the Hibs hoodoo, if they win it, so be it. At 110 years since their last one, hardly worth begrudging over. Both sets of fans are so used to last minute kicks in the gob that it's bred within them a certain phlegmatism.

Bottom line is it will not be going to either of the Ugly Sisters, so it's a big bloody win either way.

What will Hearts fans first emotion be if they win the cup ?

1) Relief at not seeing Hibs hoodoo broken live against their own team.

Or

2) Joy at winning the cup.

Not a dig at all. I think option 1 is perfectly understandable. Particularly given the scale and notoriety of Hibs Scottish Cup Hoodoo and the fact most Jambos have seen their team lift the trophy twice in recent years.

Obviously there will always be relief in this case. With all the factors surrounding this game, it almost sounds like a written movie scirpt for Hibs, such would the underdog victory be like for Hibs if they won (seriously, the only thing missing is a death to galavanise them and they'd get the movie deal :P ), such would the bragging rights ensue over this match. I'm really struggling to think of a game either side have wanted to win more.

All I kept thinking is that we must not lose, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't ecilpsing the joy itself of winning the cup.

I guess it's each to their own, so let counter with asking the question from your own perspective, imagine if hypothetically St. mirren were playing Morton in a final. How much would those two factors mean more to you?

Edited by the jambo-rocker