Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Gubbed, er, like conceding 5 goals at home? :unsure:

And didnt you even fail to create a chance against Tottenham's reserves? <_<

Hit the crossbar with a youth team vs premier league players. Sit down ya peasant.

It isn't possible for them to win the cup until 111. It really aint that hard :lol:

It's an omen - 111 = III in Roman numerals = three... their third Scottish Cup trophy win? Might just stick a twenty spot on that one (since I'm pissed as a fart and don't know much better!)

But anyway - c'mon Vlad, open your piggy bank and keep Rudi and Sergio! :)

At least Fenlon is telling it like it is! Time to get rid of the dross and the board need to back Fenlon.

I know it's been said before but this really is a HUGE summer for Hibs, do it well with clever and strategic player recruitment and we could have a decent season and maybe another cup run. If not then we'll have to go through the same p*sh that we've been through for the past few years now. No long term plan with players not fit to wear the jersey.

I think as a support we've been through enough today so we're due some luck at some point, surely?

At least Fenlon is telling it like it is! Time to get rid of the dross and the board need to back Fenlon.

I know it's been said before but this really is a HUGE summer for Hibs, do it well with clever and strategic player recruitment and we could have a decent season and maybe another cup run. If not then we'll have to go through the same p*sh that we've been through for the past few years now. No long term plan with players not fit to wear the jersey.

I think as a support we've been through enough today so we're due some luck at some point, surely?

I would happy to play the likes of Caldwell and Stanton in the team next year and bring in more middle aged 30's players

I would happy to play the likes of Caldwell and Stanton in the team next year and bring in more middle aged 30's players

One or two of the younger players do need a chance but we need to be careful. We can't be too reliant on youth and will need more James McPake types next year, we need leaders on the pitch back in Big Eck's day you had Sauzee, Laursen, Hughes, Fenwick, Mixu etc etc. Finding that balance will be key!

All I can say to our despondent fans is to dust down and get ready to go again next season. It hurts like hell just now for but it's our club, the one we love. Come August we'll be back, refreshed and ready for the start of the new season.

Edited by Argyll Hibs

Thought the Hearts were cracking today. Completely dominated the midfield, wide players just ripped them, full backs supported. Hearts found space where hibs couldn't. If they had really gone for it they might have won by 7 or 8. Great day and great atmosphere.

When your orgasm has subsided, get back on the Bo'ness thread where you belong.;)

Agree with the Isaiah and Argyll above if we dobt sign McPake that is a complete joke. Coventry are going down and need cash. Need to reduce their wage bill. We have extra cash from increased ST sales we were conned into and that game their. Surely ut aint too much to ask

Edited by Green&White Army

Agree with the Isaiah and Argyll above if we dobt sign McPake that is a complete joke. Coventry are going down and need cash. Need to reduce their wage bill. We have extra cash from increased ST sales we were conned into and that game their. Surely ut aint too much to ask

We have apparently signed Paul Cairney from Partick. Sorry but the season ticket money hibs have got for next season.surely you could get better players than that?

Dundee Utd have managed to pick up a few bargains over the year (Sandaza, Swanson, Bauben, Pernis, Dixon, Robertson, Flood etc). So why can't we do the same?

We have apparently signed Paul Cairney from Partick. Sorry but the season ticket money hibs have got for next season.surely you could get better players than that?

Dundee Utd have managed to pick up a few bargains over the year (Sandaza, Swanson, Bauben, Pernis, Dixon, Robertson, Flood etc). So why can't we do the same?

You can't write Cairney before he's kicked a ball Isaiah, the likes of Swanson, Dixon and Robertson all came from the lower leagues in Scotland. Think he got 17 goals from the midfield for Partick this season so I'm almost certain he'll be an improvement on what we have here already. Just got to trust Paddy...

Edited by Argyll Hibs

Of what I've heard Cairney's a decent player 15 goals from CM this season Thistle is quite good. It's worked when Dundee Utd bought players from the lowere league (Mackay-Steven, Gomis) hope the gamble pays off.

Heard we were looking at Hayes and Swanson although Swanson said he'd rather play down south

You can't write Cairney before he's kicked a ball Isaiah, the likes of Swanson, Dixon and Robertson all came from the lower leagues in Scotland. Think he got 17 goals from the midfield for Partick this season so I'm guessing he'll almost certainly be an improvement on what we have here already. Just got to trust Paddy...

Read my mind

Sure I heard it was 15 goals though

You can't write Cairney before he's kicked a ball Isaiah, the likes of Swanson, Dixon and Robertson all came from the lower leagues in Scotland. Think he got 17 goals from the midfield for Partick this season so I'm almost certain he'll be an improvement on what we have here already. Just got to trust Paddy...

I'm prepared to give Cairney a chance. Hopefully he is better than any of our midfield ;)

:lol:

Splendid.

Now feel free to explain the utter failure of League of Ireland teams in European competitions pretty much since they began in the 1950s.

Perhaps you could also list the current number of Republic of Ireland internationals plying their trades in the League of Ireland.

:lol:

Splendid indeed, you can't read - thats the point, the League of Ireland are pish and our league apart from the OF is also pish.

Now feel free to list the current Scottish internationals plying their trades in Scotland outside the OF :)

Erse :D

My worry about Cairney- and I don't really mean this in a bad way as having met him a couple of times he's a nice wee guy- is that he's not the brightest of chaps and he does like a bevvy. In his first season with us he was really promising but in the second year he was shite and there were plenty of stories about his lifestyle kicking about. This year he lost about a stone and a half and he's been brilliant , especially playing just off the strikers.

However, if he doesn't get off to a good start at Hibs and finds himself out of the team, bad habits may return... I wish him well though, he deserves a crack at the SPL. And on today's showing (first time I've seen Hibs all season) he would walk into that midfield.

Edited by Fuctifano

congratulations hearts, was looking forward to the game but it was so one sided, hibs were so poor only james mcpake got

pass marks, nice interview with pat fenlon and told it like it was, feel for the hibs fans but thats football heartbreaking and

joyous, been to both ends of the spectrum with killie, but well done hearts, enjoy your nite.

Well at least Leigh Griffiths isn't throwing the toys out of the pram.

No fan of the wee scrot but if you read his quotes they're not that bad and he even congratulates Hearts. If I was in the Hibs team I'd focus on the non-penalty as well so people didn't focus on how shite they played.

On a side note that's another victory for the suited manager over the one in trackies. When will these managers learn eh!