Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

FWIW I will judge Fenlon next season, he's done what he was brought in to do, save us from the drop. The cup was a bonus which although is the biggest kick in the baws was never on the cards when he first came to the club. He says "There's no desire and we've got to change the players to change the outlook of the club" that sums it up for me he knows what's wrong so we have to allow him the summer to fix it.

Thought Thomson had a poor game, at 2-1 despite being terrible we still had a chance. The penalty and sending off changes it completely as reflected in the final score.

Oh and Jambo's go and enjoy your night, don't waste it on here.

If I'm not a true supporter I dont know what is been supporting Hibs since I was born have had a season ticket for 9 years. Only missed 8 games this season. Hurting more than I ever have in my life right now. If you want to see some Hibs fans that are jacking it in go over to hibs.net. Alternatively for true fans go over to Hibees Bounce

Your team has lost a game of football. Nothing more, nothing less. It says next to nothing about your past, and even less about the future. Anyone who jacks it in because of today, is making the right decision for the wrong reason. They should pack it in because the minute losing becomes so demoralising, then its time to fill their lives with something else. We all love the game, but it's simply that......a game.

My opinion on Thomson and the Black foul. I think I'm right in saying that the ref's view was looking towards the Hearts end. Had he been level with the foul I'm sure it would have been at least a yellow, some ref's would have sent him off. Kujabi's foul was serious enough to merit a booking and he deserved his sending off for the shirt tug, although clearly not a penalty.

Hibs were just outclassed, no lack of effort or heart, just well beaten by a better side. No penalty and it might have been more respectable but with same outcome. Feel for the Hibees, I think they made a huge mistake sacking Hughes, although he too would have been hamstrung by lack of finances.

Some Hibs fans talking of jacking it in, i'm not surprised to hear them come out with that. football is an emotional business, they have just had their baws felt by their deadly rivals in the biggest game between the two teams that there will probably ever be, and what's worse is, there is no hiding place for them, they have to live in that city while Hearts are doing the peacock strut through Edinburgh. i think that Hibs fans saying they are giving up is just the emotion of the day getting to them, they will be back next season just like the rest of us would.

the plus point here is that it can't get any worse than this for them, the only way is up surely?

Still feel pretty much the same as earlier. I couldn't have sat through the rest of the game and don't feel bad about 'abandoning' the team as they pretty much abandoned 22,000 hibees today, can't complain about the result obviously and grudgingly wish the jambos a good night. I'll judge Fenlon on his performance next season as I feel the players completely left him out to dry today and he has completed his objective of spl safety. Roll on next season.....

Terrible decision to play Kujabi. Been a bombscare since he arrived. Fenlon has to take the blame and this one decision calls into question his ability to take Hibs forwards. I thought only McPake showed the sort of fight and character you would expect from all eleven players for a match like this.

Still feel pretty much the same as earlier. I couldn't have sat through the rest of the game and don't feel bad about 'abandoning' the team as they pretty much abandoned 22,000 hibees today, can't complain about the result obviously and grudgingly wish the jambos a good night. I'll judge Fenlon on his performance next season as I feel the players completely left him out to dry today and he has completed his objective of spl safety. Roll on next season.....

Well said sir.

I have witnessed a few boxing fights when there has been a knockout in the first round. Today was very much like that. Ihonestly thought the hibees would have gave us a better game than that.

They had no guts and just couldnt fight for the ball. Ian Black was immense, winning the ball well and ran that midfield.

Losing a goal before half time is always difficult to recover from and the hibs fans certainly made some noise then, but credit to Paulo Sergio who got us going and by 50mins the game was well and truely over.

Great times and our crowd were fantastic.

8)

Well done Hearts. You did deserve it overall, so have a great night and enjoy it. One thing that did kinda please me overall. I was on the trains both there and back again with mixed supporters. Both sets of fans behaved themselves and I got taking to a few Jambos on the way back. I think both sets of fans did our city proud today. I am absolutely gutted though. So this is how a 5-1 final feels from the other side.

Would suggest that any Hibs player avoids going out for a drink any time soon. Gutless overpaid tossers , to a man.

Feel very very let down. Hearts fans have a team to be proud of tonight and just had a drink with my Jambo neighbour. We are truly the wee team after that performance.

Only rangers demise will make me feel any better about football.

the plus point here is that it can't get any worse than this for them, the only way is up surely?

Think they have to start as front-runners for relegation next season, so possibly not.

Well done Hearts. You did deserve it overall, so have a great night and enjoy it. One thing that did kinda please me overall. I was on the trains both there and back again with mixed supporters. Both sets of fans behaved themselves and I got taking to a few Jambos on the way back. I think both sets of fans did our city proud today. I am absolutely gutted though. So this is how a 5-1 final feels from the other side.

I would also say fair play to the hibees that did stay behind til the end and when they picked up their medals. Thats not a dig at those who left early though as I wouldnt blame them.