Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Hibs reminded me of our journey Hampden.

Good to hear Fenlon using phrases like "lacking passion",thinks Hibs are in good hands, I'm expecting the much needed total clearout shortly.

Scotland needs a competitive Hibs.

Is it surprising they were lacking passion with wee mousey Fenlon running the ship?

The same level of dignity that involves flicking a gesture towards the Hearts fans and his own players, getting sent to the stand, and then led away by police?

laugh.gif

Well he's claiming he never did it though :unsure:

...Cue pictures suggesting otherwise. Still a decent interview afterwards.

Is it surprising they were lacking passion with wee mousey Fenlon running the ship?

You can't make spineless people grow a backbone.

Hibs players have lacked passion for years b4 Fenlon came along, might need to have a total clearout on and off the park.

Tell you, what though, Craig Thompson is lucky that Hearts were well on top and always going to win. That penalty was an absolute disgrace.

He definitely looked towards his assistant before awarding it. It's possible that Thompson saw the shirt tug but was unsure if it was inside the area. Maybe the assistant made that call?

Though you'd suspect the ref would generally be in a better position to judge.

He definitely looked towards his assistant before awarding it. It's possible that Thompson saw the shirt tug but was unsure if it was inside the area. Maybe the assistant made that call?

The ref was in a much better position to tell whether it was in the box or not.

You can't make spineless people grow a backbone.

Hibs players have lacked passion for years b4 Fenlon came along, might need to have a total clearout on and off the park.

Fenlon brought 8 players in during the window, I'd say his stamp is firmly on the team already.

I think he just wanted confirmation. And I saw him hand out the yellow card then it cut for a highlight, genuinely thought he'd forgotten it was a second yellow until i heard the roar laugh.gif

Yet another reason to defer to the 4th official to watch a replay and confirm. All of a few seconds work to make the right decision.

Brilliant stuff, although I could have murdered the Hearts defence for wasting time when they were 4-1 up with 30 minutes to go and the fans were calling for more.

Skacel ought to have had a hat-trick if there was any justice, the man is just a legend - come on Vlad, get the wallet out, that man is worth ten players every time and you know it.

Lovely to see Grainger getting on the score sheet after all he's done for the club this season, he's truly been an inspiration this year. Shame Suso didn't after playing a blinder all day long - he ought to have been kept on to the end.

Lesson in dignity from Pat Fenlon, who unlike a certain manager I could mention took it on the chin, refused to get embroiled in any "whataboutery" nonsense over the penalty and apologised to the Hibs fans for their team not coming out of the traps today (although I'd say Griffiths and Prince William lookalike Doherty really gave it their all). Well done as well to those Hibs fans as well that stayed until the end. Feel a wee bit sorry for Kujabi, but he was the one that ought to have been substituted for Sproule, as you could see he was going to do something silly.

Speaking of which...

daren-barr_g_2224368b.jpg

Worst goal celebration of all time by Darren Barr, but after scoring a historic goal in a historic cup final, he's not going to be caring! :D

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Fenlon brought 8 players in during the window, I'd say his stamp is firmly on the team already.

I hardly think 8 players in at short notice to try and avoid them sinking can be classed as his stamp.

A truly awful display from Hibs. Disgraceful.

Their supporters deserve better. At least when we lost to 9 men Rangers we had put in a decent shift despite the shocking end to the match. To watch your team stroll about in such a clueless manner in a Scottish Cup Final. Incredible.

The Hibees will be desolate after that and no wonder.

Edited by Drooper

was it just me or has all the commentators, levien, pat ect just reconstructed history. As i saw it, it was an excellent first half which could have gone either way in the second, with the ref showing considerable bias to hearts in first. The whoe game was entirely ruined by a atrocious decision by the referee and from there on it was shite.

A shocking dive from suso which he should have got booked for - noone mentioned this. Left back for hibs getting very softly booked for an accident, but two hearts tackles which were just as bad if not worse ignored. I went into the game wanting hearts to win and am still glad they did as it mean saints get into europe, but im confused how all the commentators, even pat fenlon seeing the game completely differently from me and coming away with a opposite impression. It does have to said however that they completely gave up after the fourth goal and 2 or 3 players just seemed to not care, particularly that right back, who is on loan from wolves.

Does anyone agree with me or am i alone in my analysis?

Edited by jojo