Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Working in our fine capital city, I know plenty of fans on both sides and today especially they were struggling to concentrate - they were bouncing off the walls in preparation for this. Only one or two on each side seem confident, the rest were absolutely bricking it and conceding defeat in attempts to get any sort of sleep tonight!

I'm jealous of them and I haven't looked forward to a cup final that doesn't involve the Pars as much ever. The buzz in and around Edinburgh, and across Scotland, for this one is absolutely tremendous. We've got a lot of negatives in Scottish football at the moment, but this is such a fantastic positive to end the campaign with. Two of our biggest clubs, competing in their biggest match ever, on our biggest stage at our showpiece event, with all the sub plots that go with it - it's simply fantastic.

I usually try to watch the Edinburgh derby as a neutral as it's often a very entertaining watch. This one might not be as entertaining for the purist, or have as many goals, but it should be an enthralling and engrossing watch - hell, even the atmosphere will be worth watching.

I really am hoping for a great game and may the best team win. As I say, I've got pals who support the Jambos and others who are Hibbys, and whoever wins I'll be delighted for my pals on the winning team, but will feel sorry for the ones who end up disappointed. The fervour around this game proves that there is plenty of life in our game outside the Old Firm.

To both sets of fans, enjoy the day and create an atmosphere to do Edinburgh and Scotland proud.

Good post.

The atmosphere in the city you refer to can only be a good thing for our game outside Glasgow. Walking down the road today and being the type who listens to other people's conversations, I heard a couple of older gents discussing the game excitedly, people on the phone to their mates etc. Most importantly walking past a primary school as the kids came out (yes I must be a paedophile roflcopter) the kids were shouting about Skacel being the best player ever to retorts that Garry O'Connor will score the winner tomorrow. Hibs and Hearts are so rarely the centre of attention that unless you're brought up by fans it must be easy for kids to know nothing of their local teams. This has properly captured the imagination and although there'll be plenty of kids crying tomorrow afternoon (hopefully that c**t Saskia :P) , it should create some fans for life too.

I just pray I'll be nowhere near this site in 24 hours time. If I am it means Hibs have lost and I'm not enjoying the party of a lifetime.

Even I'm shitting myself. I find myself edging towards Hearts purely because I like a few of their players, and found myself roaring them on against Celtic in the semi. Can't say I'd grudge Hibs the win though, they deserve a break.

I think every fan in the UK, Chelsea aside I guess, will be jealous of you guys tomorrow. Enjoy the game and all the best!

Edited by Paco

Even I'm shitting myself. I find myself edging towards Hearts purely because I like a few of their players, and found myself roaring them on against Celtic in the semi. Can't say I'd grudge Hibs the win though, they deserve a break.

I think every fan in the UK, Chelsea aside I guess, will be jealous of you guys tomorrow. Enjoy the game and all the best!

Good lad Paco, got a soft spot for Raith and went to a few games as a bairn. they have quite a strong hearts connections with players/management as well smile.gif

Good post.

The atmosphere in the city you refer to can only be a good thing for our game outside Glasgow. Walking down the road today and being the type who listens to other people's conversations, I heard a couple of older gents discussing the game excitedly, people on the phone to their mates etc. Most importantly walking past a primary school as the kids came out (yes I must be a paedophile roflcopter) the kids were shouting about Skacel being the best player ever to retorts that Garry O'Connor will score the winner tomorrow. Hibs and Hearts are so rarely the centre of attention that unless you're brought up by fans it must be easy for kids to know nothing of their local teams. This has properly captured the imagination and although there'll be plenty of kids crying tomorrow afternoon (hopefully that c**t Saskia :P) , it should create some fans for life too.

I just pray I'll be nowhere near this site in 24 hours time. If I am it means Hibs have lost and I'm not enjoying the party of a lifetime.

I had a 20 minute convo wi a Hibee on the bus the day about the game, it's been a very good build up and definitely shows there is life outside of Glasgow.

Might be a different story at Waverley tomorrow morning though. ohmy.gif

Like you, the thought of being on here and kickback tomorrow night sickens me to the core

Edited by Greggy Wallace

Last post before the inevitable tomorrow, doubt I'll sleep but hope the Guinness will help a bit, nervous as f**k and just hoping and praying that we go about our business in a professional manner tomorrow.

COME ON THE JAM TARTS, LETS BRING THIS CUP HOME!!!!!!

As a neutral, I've never been this excited about the cup final. If Hearts win, we get Europe. Hibs win and Im chuffed for loads of Hibs supporting mates.

My main concern, and apologies if already done to death. Is Greggy going?

Edited by Paris Hilltoon

Wonder who will come out of the blocks the quickest. Will either team go for the jugular? First goal is always so important. These games in the league are always 100 mph affairs, i don't think that will happen tomorrow. Cant wait.

Well lads, they nerves will be shattered, the sleep non existant and the wife and bairns wont seem to exist. I hope you all have a great day, may the best team win but above all, go out, enjoy your day and make sure you can remember it for recall in years to come. Don't get blootered, you can do that any day of the week or anytime you like. Take in the moment, you'll never relax so it's a waste of time even trying to keep calm.

Let hope the whole world sees a good match and if you support the winning team, spare a wee thought for the "enemy". ( A wee thought only)

Have a great day lads. Come on the.........................

Well lads, they nerves will be shattered, the sleep non existant and the wife and bairns wont seem to exist. I hope you all have a great day, may the best team win but above all, go out, enjoy your day and make sure you can remember it for recall in years to come. Don't get blootered, you can do that any day of the week or anytime you like. Take in the moment, you'll never relax so it's a waste of time even trying to keep calm.

Let hope the whole world sees a good match and if you support the winning team, spare a wee thought for the "enemy". ( A wee thought only)

Have a great day lads. Come on the Hibs!

;)

Enjoy your day guys.

You've given me the chance to wind up old firm fans all week by talking about Scottish footballs biggest game and it not involving 2 disgusting clubs.

Also great that for a wee while nobody has been talking about Rangers and their imminent demise.

I hope the game is end to end and would pay good money to watch a re-run of the 4-4 Tynecastle game from 10 years ago.

Whilst i'm on i want to have a go at sky for putting the Scottish cup final up against the play-off final. Once more sky showing how little they care about and respect Scottish football.

Enjoy yourself and may the best team win.