Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Did you writevthe Takis Fyssas piece that was on that site?

Not me. I'm not a fan of blogging but the lad Simon who runs LLF is a good lad and seemed like he was clutching at straws for someone to write the piece so I helped a brother out.

Look forward to it. I've submitted one to Sabotage Times but I think it might be a wee bit too biased for publicationunsure.gif

Is Sabotage Times the one that what's his face, who used to play for Tottenham and is now at some Irish club has a connection to? I think there's a lot of pap out there, especially with blogs. Some good podcasts though. The Football Pubcast down south is excellent and The Terrace podcast up here is decent.

Why?

League form goes out the window

To a degree yes,

But Hibs have been pretty poor all season, Plus you havent exactly had a great record against them in recent years.

Craig Paterson has just said Hibs form away from home is better than hearts this season.

This game is massive

He's right. We've only won 4 league games away from home all season. Which to be frank - is fucking shocking. Although we have won more games at home than Hibs have all season. It's not been a great league campaign for either of us.

However our away form in the cup was good which is why we are where we are.

I think trying to second guess what'll happen on Saturday is pointless. I've honestly no idea how it'll pan out.

Edited by audioslave

For as much wummery that has gone on in this thread, that game really does make you realise just how incredible football is.

A finish like that next week would probably make this game the greatest in Scottish football history, and like you said, sheer joy for the winners and heartbreak for the losers.

This guy aint so bad type posts IMO (especially the latter. Anyone who references a bit of Tommy is a decent c**t in my books :lol:)

Said all along that although I've been nervous as f**k, I've been feeling more optimistic than usual. For some reason tonight has been the start of the real nerves. It really is going to be a tortuous week. I really believe we have a good chance on Saturday but the extreme emotional consequences are within touching distance now and I am absolutely buzzing already. Trying not to think about it but it seems impossible to not picture what will happen with a win or defeat on Saturday.

You're right about football being incredible, especially supporting teams which don't usually live up to expectations. This time next week I'll wish I'd never been to a game if we lose. If we win then it will provide a moment of joy / bonding with friends / relief that will rarely be matched in my entire life.

Bring it on.

This guy aint so bad type posts IMO (especially the latter. Anyone who references a bit of Tommy is a decent c**t in my books :lol:)

Said all along that although I've been nervous as f**k, I've been feeling more optimistic than usual. For some reason tonight has been the start of the real nerves. It really is going to be a tortuous week. I really believe we have a good chance on Saturday but the extreme emotional consequences are within touching distance now and I am absolutely buzzing already. Trying not to think about it but it seems impossible to not picture what will happen with a win or defeat on Saturday.

You're right about football being incredible, especially supporting teams which don't usually live up to expectations. This time next week I'll wish I'd never been to a game if we lose. If we win then it will provide a moment of joy / bonding with friends / relief that will rarely be matched in my entire life.

Bring it on.

Why are you confident? In what parts of the team do you think you are better?

Genuine question bud.

Why are you confident?

Don't get me wrong with the word 'confident', if somebody forced me to pick a winner, telling me if I was wrong my family would be slaughtered or something, I would pick Hearts every day of the week. You have the better team on paper and they have a seemingly better attitude. Young guys like McGowan and Templeton have probably more self belief and winning derby experience than some of our oldest players. You should win.

I still maintain that our poorness over the space of three years has massively flattered Hearts. It's all opinions but I truly believe that 2 or 3 players aside (one who mightn't play) Hearts are average at best. We are ofcourse worse but if we turn up for once then it's not a foregone conclusion and this is as closely matched a cup final as you're likely to see.

In what parts of the team do you think you are better?

Since we last played you we have continued to be poor but it seems at times like every chance is going in. Away at Caley, home to Dunfy and many more, practically every shot has been a goal. Even when you've strolled throught derby's we've still had opportunity's and frozen. I think with Zaliukas, Macdonald etc we will get a match winning chance at some point, and if we can stay this (albeit pish but still) clinical then we might win.

All this 'it's our year', 'their luck will run out' pish is superstitious nonsense. At the same time the 'they're Hibs, we own this fixture and will win' is equally irrelevant thinking. Hearts are favourites but not by much. Whoever prepares better and plays to their strengths will win.