Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Fenlon should change the formation for the final. It might sound batshit mental playing a totally new formation for the first time ever in our biggest game, but bare with me:

-------------------------Brown-----------------------------

-------------Francomb McPake Hanlon-----------

Doherty------------------------------------------Kujabi

------Osbourne---Claros/Soares-----Stevenson------

--------------O'Connor--------Griffiths------------------

First of all, Hibs have no effective wide men anyway, so we aren't missing much width that we would have from a 4-4-2.

That back five is solid, with the exception of Kujabi who terrifies me but has some use going forward. With three centre-halves Kujabi could roam forward with less danger, him and Doherty are likely to be our only threat from out wide so we may as well do it with them less exposed. Hearts are likely to play one up front, so five as the back could deal with that, allowing Hanlon to get forward at times.

Hearts are likely to have three centre-mids, with two widemen backing up the striker. With my line-up/formation, we'll match them in midfield and the wing backs can deal with the wingers.

O'Connor and Griffiths can score goals from nothing (as they've usually had to do this season). With this set up we can nulify Hearts and get balls forward with a better chance of winning second balls than the more open 4-4-2, it won't be pretty but they will get chances.

It worked for Celtic in the last OF. Rangers weren't prepared for playing against a different shape, Hearts won't be either.

This is the way to beat Hearts, get it sorted Fenlon.

Edited by Guest

Fenlon should change the formation for the final. It might sound batshit mental playing a totally new formation for the first time ever in our biggest game, but bare with me:

-------------------------Brown-----------------------------

Doherty------------------------------------------Kujabi

------Osbourne---Claros/Soares-----Stevenson------

--------------O'Connor--------Griffiths------------------

First of all, Hibs have no effective wide men anyway, so we aren't missing much width that we would have from a 4-4-2.

That back five is solid, with the exception of Kujabi who terrifies me but has some use going forward. With three centre-halves Kujabi could roam forward with less danger, him and Doherty are likely to be our only threat from out wide so we may as well do it with them less exposed. Hearts are likely to play one up front, so five as the back could deal with that, allowing Hanlon to get forward at times.

Hearts are likely to have three centre-mids, with two widemen backing up the striker. With my line-up/formation, we'll match them in midfield and the wing backs can deal with the wingers.

O'Connor and Griffiths can score goals from nothing (as they've usually had to do this season). With this set up we can nulify Hearts and get balls forward with a better chance of winning second balls than the more open 4-4-2, it won't be pretty but they will get chances.

It worked for Celtic in the last OF. Rangers weren't prepared for playing against a different shape, Hearts won't be either.

Every derby this season, Hearts have thumped us in the midfield. I would probably do a four-four-two system, including both Soares and Claros in the mid, then take out Kujabi from the defence and leave him as a sub.

Definitely agree about kujabi. The few times that Dunfermline got in behind us on monday were in the first half on his side due to him being miles out of position and this has been the case for most of the games he's played. I'd play Francomb instead.

Edited by Hibernian1875

Definitely agree about kujabi. The few times that Dunfermline got in behind us on monday were in the first half on his side due to him being miles out of position and this has been the case for most of the games he's played. I'd play Francomb instead.

It's O'Hanlon that keeps getting caught out of position, not Kujabi.

-------------------------Brown----------- ------------------

Doherty---------------------------------- --------Kujabi

------Osbourne---Claros/Soares-----Stevenson- -----

--------------O'Connor--------Griffiths- -----------------

Which one is the poodle.

Is it the dwarf who wears the short sleeve top and gloves ?

-------------------------Brown------------------------

-----Doherty---McPake---Hanlon---Kujabi-----

------Wotherspoon----------------Stevenson------

--------------------------Claros-----------------------

---Osbourne---------------------------Griffiths----

----------------------- O'Connor---------------------

Edited by Forever Hibs

Five at the back :lol: you are shitting it.

So using your logic, the fact that Sergio will line up a 4-5-1 against our 4-4-2 means he's shitting it?

cornette.png

EGB, that's not too bad a shout. Osbourne/Soares and Stevenson cut in so much and play so centrally anyway, it might make sense to actually play them there. I would certainly feel more comfortable watching the game if Kujabi had Hanlon close by to cover up.

It's O'Hanlon that keeps getting caught out of position, not Kujabi.

O'Hanlon hardly plays. :blink: Against Dunfermline eg Hanlon and McPake played well but they still had acres of space behind Kujabi. To use a rather wanky expression he has absolutely no 'football intelligence' and he's the name I'm dreading seeing. Seems harsh and hopefully I'm proven wrong. I just think whoever Hearts start out there, be it Templeton, Suso, Elliot, Driver they'd all rip him. If David Graham can, they can.