Zaliukas

McGowan

Suso

Barr

Black

Templeton

Skacel

Beattie

That team should beat hibs by a few goals tbh.

Honestly think I'm one of the few Hearts fans who isn't getting complacent as in my past it has tended to backfire. "Thank god benji is coming on, he's rubbish'

Yes. I am he, for those who question.

Back to the point. Just reading the latter half of this thread has me filling my breeks at the thought of losing. I expect to sweaty body weight alone just travelling to Glasgow...

Honestly think I'm one of the few Hearts fans who isn't getting complacent as in my past it has tended to backfire. "Thank god benji is coming on, he's rubbish'

Yes. I am he, for those who question.

Back to the point. Just reading the latter half of this thread has me filling my breeks at the thought of losing. I expect to sweaty body weight alone just travelling to Glasgow...

I totally agree mate, on paper we really should beat Hibs because man for man we're better than they are all over the park, with the exception of the strikers (although Beattie is proving very useful). This is a one off game and as happened against Gretna when we played them off the park and it ended 1-1, anything can happen, although we don't have a bent ref in charge of this final like the Gretna game.

I'm certainly taking nothing for granted, and the nerves aren't just kicking in, they've drawn up a legal contract and moved in permanent with feckin title deeds and everything, I'm struggling to think about anything else and even my work is suffering (I can;t be arsed :lol: )

I won't settle until we're 3 goals up (if it happens) like we were in the semi in 2006, and then I'll start to calm down a bit, even the wife says I'm a bit tetchy the last week or two, and she's going to be there too (she's got 64 loyalty points before anyone asks) :D

Macdonald

Grainger

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Suso

Barr

Black

Templeton

Skacel

Beattie

That team should beat hibs by a few goals tbh.

That should be the team we play, hopefully Beattie will be fit enough to play the whole match and not just the second 45 like Celtic. It worked but I don't think I could go 45 minutes of the match with Elliott up front, my confidence would probably vanish.

I'm still confident, I just think of McGowan, Black and Skacel and how there isn't a hope in hell they will lose this game and I feel fine, they know exactly what it would mean for the fans. 2 more exams finishing on monday then I can start thinking about this non-stop.

9 days. biggrin.gif

_41405479_hearts43416.jpg

What a non story!

I'm inclined to agree, didn't everyone in Scottish football know it'd be touch and go whether his contract would be renewed?

As far as the comparisons of the respective starting Xis posted above goes: I think its fair to say that hearts are stronger on paper than hibs across all areas of the pitch. I think McPake and O'Connor would both get into the Hearts team (Griffiths potentially could as could Claros) but aside from that its clear hearts have the better players....they're multiple points ahead of us for a reason! However, in the semi celtic had a far better team on paper than the Jambos, barcelona had a far better team then chelsea too - point is football games aren't won and lost on paper. If Hibs play as a unit and commit themselves then I don't see why we can't beat Hearts, it'll be tough but this has been a good year for the underdog.

I think McPake and O'Connor would both get into the Hearts team (Griffiths potentially could as could Claros)

Claros? He can't even make the Hibs team. unsure.gif

FWIW I don't think a single Hibs player would make it into Hearts' starting XI.

I'm inclined to agree, didn't everyone in Scottish football know it'd be touch and go whether his contract would be renewed?

As far as the comparisons of the respective starting Xis posted above goes: I think its fair to say that hearts are stronger on paper than hibs across all areas of the pitch. I think McPake and O'Connor would both get into the Hearts team (Griffiths potentially could as could Claros) but aside from that its clear hearts have the better players....they're multiple points ahead of us for a reason! However, in the semi celtic had a far better team on paper than the Jambos, barcelona had a far better team then chelsea too - point is football games aren't won and lost on paper. If Hibs play as a unit and commit themselves then I don't see why we can't beat Hearts, it'll be tough but this has been a good year for the underdog.

IMO (and i dont mean it to be cheeky) I think Hearts have to under perform and hibs will have to play to their best to win.