Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Say Hibs actually win this, we'd be missing a trick if we didn't adopt the 1902 song as our own. The context of that song would completely change, I reckon 22k jambos being serenaded with that if they lost would make for record breaking levels of seethe.

Question for Hibs/Hearts fans, what tact are you taking with regards to getting bevvied before the game? A moderate amount so you can still watch the game, or monumentally Friar Tucked? I may have to go for the latter, I want to enjoy the moment but even run of the mill league derbies fill with me with nerves. I nearly shat a brick watching the Manc derby because I had a tenner on City, so f**k knows how I'll cope with this. :(

It's fine, we'll still sing "You've only won 2 big cups, since 1902..." Ah f**k it, you can have it if you win.

I'll be moderate drinking before the match so I'll always remember us pumping Hibs in the biggest derby of all time, and then I'll get absolutely fucked after the game. Still undecided whether to continue drinking after the match in Glasgow or head back to Edinburgh and find a pub/congregate on Gorgie Road. If we were to lose, I have no idea whether I'd go out anyway and try and enjoy the night or go home and lie in the fetal position in a dark room. laugh.gif

I've been horrendously over-confident lately, I'm really hoping this lasts until the final! People are going to have a field day with the multi-quote button if we lose.

Think I'm going to go down the moderately steaming route. I barely remember the match from the semi and if we do win this, I want to savour and remember it. I'd like to think I would try and stay at this level if we win but who knows what will happen.

For each of the last 10 horrific derby's I've ended up staying in town and getting steaming. The logic being that it would be too depressing to just slink off home and stew on it. Had some marvellous drowning of sorrows sessions in the last few years. :D

If we lose this, that is not fucking happening. Home, phone off, internet router disconnected.

Christ, I'm almost nervous with anticipaton thinking about how epic the celebrations would be. The nerves for how bad a defeat would be are sickening already.

I'm going to go down the completely sober route so I can savour every moment of the ultimate humiliation of Hibs.

It'll be fucking glorious.

As a Kickback poster said earlier, the players should drive to Glasgow on an open top bus so we can congratulate them on the way in to avoid wasting any precious drinking time afterward.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Few pints before the game for me so that I can stay sober and enjoy the occasion.

Hopefully more than make up for it in a pub full of Jambos afterwards. That, or tanning a litre of vodka in a dark room trying to erase all memory of what just happened.

Ps. 2 weeks to go!

Edited by Duffy_

Say Hibs actually win this, we'd be missing a trick if we didn't adopt the 1902 song as our own. The context of that song would completely change, I reckon 22k jambos being serenaded with that if they lost would make for record breaking levels of seethe.

Question for Hibs/Hearts fans, what tact are you taking with regards to getting bevvied before the game? A moderate amount so you can still watch the game, or monumentally Friar Tucked? I may have to go for the latter, I want to enjoy the moment but even run of the mill league derbies fill with me with nerves. I nearly shat a brick watching the Manc derby because I had a tenner on City, so f**k knows how I'll cope with this. :(

Pretty much wrecked for me!

I'm struggling to cope with the nerves already and there's two weeks to go ffs, I've no idea how the hell I'm going to cope until the day :(

We're booked into a bowling club before the game so it could be carnage!

I'm going to go down the completely sober route so I can savour every moment of the ultimate humiliation of Hibs.

It'll be fucking glorious.

As a Kickback poster said earlier, the players should drive to Glasgow on an open top bus so we can congratulate them on the way in to avoid wasting any precious drinking time afterward.

Just making sure you do not delete this should the result not go your way.

Asked Hartley last night about this game. His reply was "We will pump the hibs as there is only one real team in Edinburgh"

He was pished last night, what a man. Some great photos with him aswell. Even one with him doing the famous "shh"

Edited by black and gold army

Hibs announce a public sale.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Not quite. It means someone like me who'd probably have a pretty substantial number of points under a system like hearts' can get a ticket whereas before it wasn't possible.

Also no GIF? I'm surprised thought this would have called for multiple Patrick Batemans!

Usually around this sort of time, all we'd be hearing about would be how many tickets Hearts have sold, how they always sell their end (rofl), etc etc.

As the attendance will be 50/50 we're now hearing about how the tickets are being allocated, how many season tickets have been sold, how much has been raised for a big flag.

Either way, there will be some extreme bragging going on for one side after this. Bragging about a public sale when we have no alternative system in place is a quite loserish tbh. :(

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Usually around this sort of time, all we'd be hearing about would be how many tickets Hearts have sold, how they always sell their end (rofl), etc etc.

As the attendance will be 50/50 we're now hearing about how the tickets are being allocated, how many season tickets have been sold, how much has been raised for a big flag.

Either way, there will be some extreme bragging going on for one side after this. Bragging about a public sale when we have no alternative system in place is a quite loserish tbh. :(

Not quite. It means someone like me who'd probably have a pretty substantial number of points under a system like hearts' can get a ticket whereas before it wasn't possible.

Also no GIF? I'm surprised thought this would have called for multiple Patrick Batemans!

Couple of crackers there Zeus