whisky lovers

A fairly recent convert to the water of life but thoroughly enjoyed this - got a bottle for my birthday the other week and it's lovely

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456787100.090700.jpg

I thought Glen Ord was only for sale in the Far East and at the distillery in Muir of Ord. Do you know where they got it? Used to be my favourite whisky when it was sold at half price in a Dingwall petrol station..

• 2 weeks later...

Attending a whisky tasting "experience" at Malmaison in Dundee tonight.

Anyone else been on one if these/going tonight?

5 "exceptional" drams (which I've heard are hand poured generously) and a 1 course meal.

I've only been to similar things through work.

I'd be interested in what drams they class as exceptional though so please report back.

Was at my cousins last week and he was dishing out the malts. Jura was a nice one and i had a couple of those. I have a bottle of glenlivet "founders reserve" i got for christmas. Thats the extent of my collection! Might start adding to it but i dont get many visitors and even less who drink whisky so it would just be for me.

I grew up near st ninians/broomridge and the fella who had the linden inn kept a fine collection.

Attending a whisky tasting "experience" at Malmaison in Dundee tonight.

Anyone else been on one if these/going tonight?

5 "exceptional" drams (which I've heard are hand poured generously) and a 1 course meal.

Should be good as the malmaison somelliers are all supposed to be Whisky Society trained.

In Aberdeen and Glasgow you can go into malmaison to access the whisky society exclusive bottlings but not Dundee yet which is annoying. Usually cask strength and 50 ml nips.

Should be good as the malmaison somelliers are all supposed to be Whisky Society trained.

In Aberdeen and Glasgow you can go into malmaison to access the whisky society exclusive bottlings but not Dundee yet which is annoying. Usually cask strength and 50 ml nips.

It's bought through the Scottish whisky society so assume it's an official event.

Quite excited tbh - wish it was tonight :(

Managed to register in time to get a bottle of MacAllan fine oak 12 year old this morning. It's the one that's in the Ernie Button presentation box whatever that is, but there's only 1500 bottles supposedly being produced so I'm going to stick it in the back of the cupboard for a rainy day.....

My team in work collect £3 a month from everyone to cover birthdays. Totals £39. They know I like whisky so what did they get for me?

12 yr old Glenfiddich - but not even a full bottle, 500ml. Am I being ungrateful or is that actually a shiter for what you could have got for £30 odd?!