whisky lovers

Can we all just agree that the King is a lone wolf maverick who doesn't have time for societies so called rules. He is also a man unencumbered by considerations like expense.

He is basically a James Bond character but one who kicks against the system.

I think he perhaps inadvertently backed up the whole case that he was arguing against using that quote. He's not some wacky non-conformist, he's just plain wrong!

Can we all just agree that the King is a lone wolf maverick tool, who doesn't have time for societies so called rules self awareness. He is also a man unencumbered by considerations like expense. admitting he's wrong.

He is basically a James Bond character but one who kicks against the system an ignoramus.

A few years ago I sold someone 800 grams of fillet steak, which cost £35.99 per kg. I asked her what she was doing with it, she said 'beef stew'.

I tried to talk her out of it, I suggested she buy the £9.99/kg braising steak, but no, she insisted on spending 3.5 times as much on fillet to waste in a stew because her husband only liked fillet steak.

I wonder if that was Mrs. King.

A few years ago I sold someone 800 grams of fillet steak, which cost £35.99 per kg. I asked her what she was doing with it, she said 'beef stew'.

I tried to talk her out of it, I suggested she buy the £9.99/kg braising steak, but no, she insisted on spending 3.5 times as much on fillet to waste in a stew because her husband only liked fillet steak.

I wonder if that was Mrs. King.

Did she call you a "snob" for knowing what the f**k to do with things properly?

If so; yes. Yes it was.

• 4 weeks later...

Stuck in Reading for an hour, so decided to pop into a pub to have a whisky whilst I wait. The barmaid asked if I wanted ice with it, I said 'no, just a drop of water would be fine.' She then proceeded to fill the glass with water, as if the water was a mixer.

Not being one to complain I decided just to take my whisky flavoured water to my table. I've taken a sip and discovered she has used hot water.

Reading does things differently.

Edited by jmothecat

Stuck in Reading for an hour, so decided to pop into a pub to have a whisky whilst I wait. The barmaid asked if I wanted ice with it, I said 'no, just a drop of water would be fine.' She then proceeded to fill the glass with water, as if the water was a mixer.

Not being one to complain I decided just to take my whisky flavoured water to my table. I've taken a sip and discovered she has used hot water.

Reading does things differently.

Are you mad? You can't let her away with that, she'll just end up doing it again to someone else. I'd have made her pour it and start again.

Are you mad? You can't let her away with that, she'll just end up doing it again to someone else. I'd have made her pour it and start again.

I'm too nice. Ended up giving it back and asking for one without water. Seems incredible that she could work in a pub and not know how to put water into whisky. This is why I normally ask for water on the side. I paid the price for laziness.

I'm too nice. Ended up giving it back and asking for one without water. Seems incredible that she could work in a pub and not know how to put water into whisky. This is why I normally ask for water on the side. I paid the price for laziness.

Being nice would be explaining it to her before someone gives her proper dogs abuse for doing it IMO.