whisky lovers

"Spend money" ? Here's a secret, rare, expensive Whisky still tastes better with coke than Bells with coke....shocker!!! As I said before drink snobs here wouldn't bat an eye if you sipped a Vodka with something but it would be disrespectful to Russians to do so dont fall into the faux outrage brigade because I add something to a drink.

A good vodka tastes great on its own straight out of the freezer and exactly the same as a cheap one if mixed with coke. Why pay more if you like the taste of coke better than an expensive vodka? It's got fcuk all to do with respect to the Ruskies.

"Spend money" ?Here's a secret, rare, expensive Whisky still tastes better with coke than Bells with coke....shocker!!!As I said before drink snobs here wouldn't bat an eye if you sipped a Vodka with something but it would be disrespectful to Russians to do so dont fall into the faux outrage brigade because I add something to a drink.

I don't think anyone's being snobbish here, they're trying to save you wasting money on whisky flavoured Coke.

Singleton of Glendullan double matured is the absolute tits. Like a gutsier Clynelish with a little caramel and a big whack of smoke; smells exactly like my Gran's old coal-fired house. Only being sold at duty-free though, which is a pain in the hoop

I inadvertently donated that and a box of cigars to a taxi driver last month. I was seething when I reliased I didnt have it in the house.

Yup; very light, good as a cocktail base or for shoving ginger ale in, kinda like J&B in that sense. Too expensive for what it is though.

You're paying for a massive advertising budget and keeping Beckham in fresh Bugattis.

Just going to ignore the posts that dealt with this ridiculous vodka point you keep going on about?

A good vodka tastes great on its own straight out of the freezer and exactly the same as a cheap one if mixed with coke. Why pay more if you like the taste of coke better than an expensive vodka? It's got fcuk all to do with respect to the Ruskies.

I don't think anyone's being snobbish here, they're trying to save you wasting money on whisky flavoured Coke.

The point about "how to drink whisky" is ,it's just Tradition , there is no correct way to drink whisky , people who drink a single malt straight don't have a better appreciation of it than someone who has it with Coke, Irn bru or orange.

As for ignoring the 'correct way to drink Vodka' you can't dismiss that as crap whilst defending,how to drink whisky , it defeats the argument.

The bottom line is anyone who tells you how a certain food or drink 'must be taken ' to really appreciate it is just an arsehole or snob.

I'm off to have a well done steak, with warm white wine,then a Johnny Walker Blue with Coke , try not to rip your sporrans ladies.

The point about "how to drink whisky" is ,it's just Tradition , there is no correct way to drink whisky , people who drink a single malt straight don't have a better appreciation of it than someone who has it with Coke, Irn bru or orange.

As for ignoring the 'correct way to drink Vodka' you can't dismiss that as crap whilst defending,how to drink whisky , it defeats the argument.

The bottom line is anyone who tells you how a certain food or drink 'must be taken ' to really appreciate it is just an arsehole or snob.

I'm off to have a well done steak, with warm white wine,then a Johnny Walker Blue with Coke , try not to rip your sporrans ladies.

:lol:

people who drink a single malt straight don't have a better appreciation of it than someone who has it with Coke, Irn bru or orange.

I believe the term you're looking for is 'neat', not that this is the primary cause for concern with this post of course.

Shut up. You're simply making yourself look like a twat that is contrary for the sake of it.

Okay now it's clear you're taking the piss. Absolutely nobody has dismissed "the correct way to drink vodka", in fact everyone has agreed that you wouldn't mix a good quality vodka with juice in the exact same way that you wouldn't waste a single malt with juice.

"People who drink single malt neat get the same appreciation of the flavours as people who drink it with juice" :lol:

I believe the term you're looking for is 'neat', not that this is the primary cause for concern with this post of course.

Aye, eh , straight ,neat same thing bud

Well of course there is no "correct" way to do anything.

However, eating a fillet steak well done with a dod of ketchup marks you out as an utter tink and "snobs" will judge you on that.

Deal with it.

Ever heard of Marco Pierre White?...White, 45, also praises ketchup ("it's a great sauce"), Coleman's mustard and Worcestershire sauce, which he says he has used to make a perfect sauce with beef"

Okay now it's clear you're taking the piss. Absolutely nobody has dismissed "the correct way to drink vodka", in fact everyone has agreed that you wouldn't mix a good quality vodka with juice in the exact same way that you wouldn't waste a single malt with juice.

"People who drink single malt neat get the same appreciation of the flavours as people who drink it with juice" :lol:

Wrong I haven't seen anyone defend the "traditional " hence "correct' way to drink Vodka.