whisky lovers

Too far man, way to far..

Nope, I'll have a couple neat then have the rest with Coke anyone who rips their tights at doing this is just snob

You wouldn't raise an eyebrow to someone adding something to a rare or expensive, Vodka, Gin or Taquilla

But do it do a single malt, oh my god out come the whisky snobs, "you only add water to a nice whisky!"

Aye is that right mate, add this!

Nope, I'll have a couple neat then have the rest with Coke anyone who rips their tights at doing this is just snob

You wouldn't raise an eyebrow to someone adding something to a rare or expensive, Vodka, Gin or Taquilla

But do it do a single malt, oh my god out come the whisky snobs, "you only add water to a nice whisky!"

Well done Champ.

Grabbed a bottle of Abrachan out of lidl for £18 today on recommendation elsewhere. Slipping down a treat, not trying to be anything fancy, but great for the price. Going for a second glass now, just to make sure its OK..

And?

It's like Aldi whisky. Nothin fancy but quite drinkable if yer looking for something cheap and cheerful.

Was given a Glenrothes the other day, it's the Manse one. Haven't a clue about it, but Glenrothes usually goes down well.

:lol:

FFS, adds Coke to single malts. Banning offence IMO.

If you are drowning a whisky in coke, there's absolutely no point in putting a single malt in there. Cheap bourbon, Coke with a single malt is a crime against humanity.

Nothing snobbish about that. Just pure common sense.

Too far man, way to far..
:lol:FFS, adds Coke to single malts. Banning offence IMO.
Is this some sort of sick joke?? :o
If you are drowning a whisky in coke, there's absolutely no point in putting a single malt in there. Cheap bourbon, Coke with a single malt is a crime against humanity. Nothing snobbish about that. Just pure common sense.
When you guys drink Vodka do you have a raw egg beforehand , do you inhale it straight via a shot glass followed by some boile potatoes or pickles?Cos thats traditional way thats how its meant to taken.

When you guys drink Vodka do you have a raw egg beforehand , do you inhale it straight via a shot glass followed by some boile potatoes or pickles?Cos thats traditional way thats how its meant to taken.

Why spend more money on a single malt if you are diluting it with coke? I don't have a problem with whisky and coke, but why spend the extra that single malts cost? Is there really a taste difference when mixed with cola?

I don't drink vodka usually, but if I do I'd take it with coke as I would be drinking cheap shite like Smirnoff that's the equivalent of Jack Daniel's. Fine to mix cheap whisky wth coke as has been said multiple times, just absolutely ludicrous to put a single malt in with coke when it'll taste the exact same as putting it in with a cheap bourbon like JD.

I mind being in the Grill in Aberdeen where some guy asked for a Glenfiddich & lemonade* and the owner just refused to serve him to the point he just left. "we have these for that" (pointing to the Grouse etc).

*Not unusual for folk to have a drop of lemonade I know, but the guy was wanting it like you'd have a vodka and lemonade.

Edited by Hedgecutter

People would raise an eyebrow to you adding crap to those.

Unless they were idiots.

Fire along to the Good Spirits Co. Or Lupe Pinto and ask them which tequila they stock goes best with ginger beer. They'll likely both suggest you head to Tesco and pick up some Jose Cuervo. They won't be telling you that for the sake of snobbishness, but because your mixer will annihilate the subtleties of the spirit.

Same applies if you go to a rum bar, etc.

If you want to pour money down the drain, no-one will stop you, but they will think you're daft.

And?

It's like Aldi whisky. Nothin fancy but quite drinkable if yer looking for something cheap and cheerful.

Was given a Glenrothes the other day, it's the Manse one. Haven't a clue about it, but Glenrothes usually goes down well.

I thought it was very acceptable and glad I bought it to give me an idea of what is going on in the whisky world. I worked for Diageo for a long time so have been quite insular in my spirit buying but now I'm playing the field

I have a bottle of Springbank (Local Barley) distilled 1966 bottled 1997 cask strength 52.4, cask 482, bottle 36 a keepsake it was won in a tombola at 10p a go. I would not thank you for a drop canny stand the stuff.

Why spend more money on a single malt if you are diluting it with coke? I don't have a problem with whisky and coke, but why spend the extra that single malts cost? Is there really a taste difference when mixed with cola?

"Spend money" ?

Here's a secret, rare, expensive Whisky still tastes better with coke than Bells with coke....shocker!!!

As I said before drink snobs here wouldn't bat an eye if you sipped a Vodka with something but it would be disrespectful to Russians to do so dont fall into the faux outrage brigade because I add something to a drink.

"Spend money" ?Here's a secret, rare, expensive Whisky still tastes better with coke than Bells with coke....shocker!!!As I said before drink snobs here wouldn't bat an eye if you sipped a Vodka with something but it would be disrespectful to Russians to do so dont fall into the faux outrage brigade because I add something to a drink.

Just going to ignore the posts that dealt with this ridiculous vodka point you keep going on about?