whisky lovers

I know nothing at all about whisky.

I have £25 to spend for a colleague's birthday, who is a whisky person.

What's the best bottle I can get for that?

I'd go for a Bowmore.

Nice single malt from islay and is usually around the 25 quid mark.

I know nothing at all about whisky.

I have £25 to spend for a colleague's birthday, who is a whisky person.

What's the best bottle I can get for that?

http://www.abbeywhisky.com/the-spirit-of-freedom-45-blended-scotch-whisky?PARTNER=GOOGPS

Looking through what Tesco have on offer at that price you have bowmore small batch, talisker 10 ,laphroaig select, laphroaig 10, glenfiddich 12, jura origin, auchentoshan American oak, dalwhinnie 15, highland park 12 and old pulteney 12.

It really is a great time of year to buy whisky.

I would be happy to get any of these( except glenfiddich) as a gift especially the last two. For me old pulteney is about the best "entry level" single malt out there but it's all about personal taste.

http://www.abbeywhisky.com/the-spirit-of-freedom-45-blended-scotch-whisky?PARTNER=GOOGPS

Looking through what Tesco have on offer at that price you have bowmore small batch, talisker 10 ,laphroaig select, laphroaig 10, glenfiddich 12, jura origin, auchentoshan American oak, dalwhinnie 15, highland park 12 and old pulteney 12.

It really is a great time of year to buy whisky.

I would be happy to get any of these( except glenfiddich) as a gift especially the last two. For me old pulteney is about the best "entry level" single malt out there but it's all about personal taste.

Agreed about the Pulteney, very good whisky for a very good price.

Of that list, Bowmore small batch & Jura origin are the two I'd avoid - in my opinion they are both well below par. I'd think twice about Laphroaig Select too as you can get the 10 for the same price, the 10 blows the Select out the water.

I bought this in 2007 and I've always wondered who made it for oddbins. The plan was to drink it on the day I bought it as me and my mate were going through a phase of drinking a bottle of malt before we went out every Friday night. I decided on my way back to my car that I'd keep it for a special occasion and when back in and bought a bottle of Royal Lochnagar to drink. post-30743-14186793372245_thumb.jpg

I bought this in 2007 and I've always wondered who made it for oddbins. The plan was to drink it on the day I bought it as me and my mate were going through a phase of drinking a bottle of malt before we went out every Friday night. I decided on my way back to my car that I'd keep it for a special occasion and when back in and bought a bottle of Royal Lochnagar to drink. ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418679336.743569.jpg

It's from dailuaine near aberlour. You could pick up another bottle for around 40 quid.

It's from dailuaine near aberlour. You could pick up another bottle for around 40 quid.

Cheers I might buy another one and keep this one for that special occasion. It might sound daft but I've became attached to the bottle and look forward to drinking it one day. The same applies to a bottle of Glenmorangie I bought when I was 18. I've drank plenty of bottles of the stuff since then but always kept that bottle for another special occasion.

I've bought 3 bottles recently. Bunnahabhain 18yo, a limited edition Tobermory 20yo Sherry finish and a Ledaig 16yo Sherry finish.

The Bunnahabhain has been one of my favourites for as long as I've drank whisky but I've never tried the other two.

Ledaig is distilled at Tobermory, the difference is that it is the peated version.

I have a bottle of Springbank (distilled 1966 bottled 1998) in a wodden case bottle No 36 56.3 proof. I've tucked it away as a hand me down got it from a tombola for 20p as a rule I hate fkn the stuff rather have a good Amarone della valpolicella (single estate) £25 from M&S well worth the money.

I have a bottle of Springbank (distilled 1966 bottled 1998) in a wodden case bottle No 36 56.3 proof. I've tucked it away as a hand me down got it from a tombola for 20p as a rule I hate fkn the stuff rather have a good Amarone della valpolicella (single estate) £25 from M&S well worth the money.

I'd certainly be willing to take it off your hands for double (perhaps even treble) your original outlay...