whisky lovers

1 hour ago, HI HAT said:

A wee retirement present from workmates, proof that even though it's an NAS whisky, nothing bad comes out of Aberlour. Really enjoying it.

20220709_131710.jpg

Enjoy your retirement Hi Hat. I'm partial to Aberlour. Their core bottlings can be a wee bit thin at 40% though.

30 minutes ago, HI HAT said:

A wee retirement present from workmates, proof that even though it's an NAS whisky, nothing bad comes out of Aberlour. Really enjoying it.

Congratulations on the retirement, a decent wee dram to toast it too 👍🏻

4 hours ago, HI HAT said:

Thanks Preedzy, this one is a nice we 48%, bit more body to it. Nice to tipple away at.

Aye, I enjoyed the Cask Annamh, and used to really enjoy the A'Bunnadh until the price went through the roof.

An article regarding the purchase of a cask of Ardbeg 1975 for £16m, or as I prefer to think of it, a mere £37k per bottle.

The article explains well the rarity value of Ardbeg of this vintage, and mentions that £1m of the proceeds are being donated to the local community.

I love Ardbeg, more so the location and the people at the distillery than the whisky itself to be honest, but this price tag could never sit well with my conscience.

https://www.ft.com/content/9ef2353d-99d5-41de-ba21-e45df485495c

On 09/07/2022 at 16:59, Peedzy said:

Aye, I enjoyed the Cask Annamh, and used to really enjoy the A'Bunnadh until the price went through the roof.

A'Bunadh on Prime Day at 67 snaps delivered. Doubt you'll ever get it cheaper tbh

Nice wee tour of Abhainn Dearg distillery at Uig on Lewis.

Distillery is currently out of production (since Covid lockdown) but awaiting some new parts to get them back up and running again. Warehouse is well stocked to tide them over.

Took away drivers drams of a 10yo Sauternes cask 57%, and a 10yo Rioja cask 58% and a wee bottle for the collection at home.

The drivers drams have been necked back at our digs tonight and have been absolutely delightful. 4c6601614e6bc84f1a3cd44907190db5.jpg4c063cbf7f7a61793afed2c646e9e2c6.jpg

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Off to look again emoji102.png

I ended up grabbing 2 of them. It's called Orchard house. It's Compass Box, I expect it's probably really good like all their other stuff.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

I ended up grabbing 2 of them. It's called Orchard house. It's Compass Box, I expect it's probably really good like all their other stuff.

Aye, great shout, that's what I went for.