whisky lovers

13 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

After buying the Talisker and Lagavulin dist edition last week I'm getting the eyebrows raised at me just now from across the couch 😅

16 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Crazy Springbank time again. Anyone had any luck? Got a Campbeltown Loch in the post, looking forward to it. 

Queues outside Good Spirit Company this morning. First person was there about 0430 apparently.

I tried the Longrow Red last year in a Springbank tasting pack but had no luck getting my hands on a bottle so far. Picked up a Campbeltown Loch which I'm looking forward to trying.

1 hour ago, BigTidy said:

Queues outside Good Spirit Company this morning. First person was there about 0430 apparently.

I tried the Longrow Red last year in a Springbank tasting pack but had no luck getting my hands on a bottle so far. Picked up a Campbeltown Loch which I'm looking forward to trying.

Well I doubt they have that many bottles.

I did see them changing hands already on one site this morning £400+

57 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Well I doubt they have that many bottles.

I did see them changing hands already on one site this morning £400+

Gouging c***s. 

11 hours ago, BigTidy said:

Sad wee men imo. At least 65-70% of these guys are flippers easily. 

Fair play if you get one online, thats where I draw the line. Barely worth it at it is. 

Thankfully your 10yo, Longrow peated, Campbeltown loch bottles aren't being too heavily fought over..... Yet. 

Drinking Bunnahabhain 12 tonight, great, then switched to Laphroaig 10. I just adore the peat fire nose of the Laphroaig, finished the bottle and decided it'll be replaced immediately.

Edited by Enigma

54 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Sad wee men imo. At least 65-70% of these guys are flippers easily. 

Fair play if you get one online, thats where I draw the line. Barely worth it at it is. 

Thankfully your 10yo, Longrow peated, Campbeltown loch bottles aren't being too heavily fought over..... Yet. 

I'd honestly be up for a law against this pish, not just for whisky. If you buy something retail you shouldn't be allowed to immediately go gouging online for 10x the price as soon as something is sold out. Any listings like that online should be allowed to be 'bought' back by the original seller but no funds to the touts. Arsehole behaviour.

Drinking Bunnahabhain 12 tonight, great, then switched to Laphroaig 10. I just adore the peat fire nose of the Laphroaig, finished the bottle and decided it'll be replaced immediately.
Bunnahabhain is the only whisky out with your USA sacrilege I have tried that I really liked. A lovely drop.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
Cheers. Worth having though?

Oh aye the 10 year old is a lovely dram. The Skye and Storm (?) NAS stuff not so much, but I'd easy pay that for the 10

Great. Thanks for the info.

Re : Springbank and everything else I think you just have to stay ahead, or behind, the trends. Leave the scalpers and the rest to it.

It's great whisky but there is loads of great whisky and if I never had another Springbank again as long as I live I won't go without.

The recent Bunna CS 12 also shows great distilleries and great fanfare =/= great whisky

On 05/03/2022 at 02:16, GiGi said:

I'd honestly be up for a law against this pish, not just for whisky. If you buy something retail you shouldn't be allowed to immediately go gouging online for 10x the price as soon as something is sold out. Any listings like that online should be allowed to be 'bought' back by the original seller but no funds to the touts. Arsehole behaviour.

I don't have a massive issue with the auctions tbh. Selling a couple of dusty old whisky bottles from a bulging collection a few years down the line for a tidy earner is fine in my book. 

There's plenty of idiot flippers who are losing money selling stuff to the likes of me for £20-30 under RRP after fees 😎

The guys who are borderline professional sellers with zero interest in the actual joy of drinking the stuff are the ones to watch. 

I've got a couple of decent bottles I've picked up over the years tucked away, no real idea of what/when would cause me to reach for one. Maybe a place in the WC finals might be one of those moments. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥃