whisky lovers

4 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

The more Ardnamurchan I try, the more excited I get by them.

Nearly through a bottle of 07.21:05 (belive this means July 2021, release 5). 

The QR code on the bottle tells you a lot about Fermentation, cut points, cask make up etc. Really detailed. 

Its calmed down now with the flippers and bottles are still freely available. Highly recommended folks. 

The tasting notes on the whisky exchange are absolutely bang on. 

Screenshot_20220218_230335.jpg

Alright, sold.

Me and my mate are going for a kilt fitting for a wedding next week and going for a drink with the groom after. He suggested we take a malt up to get stuck into and left it with me to get something interesting, this'll do.

Was sent the first pic this afternoon from my Daughter. They've been out in the Glencoe neck of the woods for the weekend.

The second pic is what she bought me for my 'significant birthday' last August.

I really need to open this 21 YO, but just haven't had the guts to do it..

IMG-20220220-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20220220_175300_resized_20220220_055350252.jpg

The more Ardnamurchan I try, the more excited I get by them.
Nearly through a bottle of 07.21:05 (belive this means July 2021, release 5). 
The QR code on the bottle tells you a lot about Fermentation, cut points, cask make up etc. Really detailed. 
Its calmed down now with the flippers and bottles are still freely available. Highly recommended folks. 
The tasting notes on the whisky exchange are absolutely bang on. 
Screenshot_20220218_230335.thumb.jpg.d0b47e56f8811dc30ebafa5ddc927459.jpg
Now thinking about buying this just for whats behind the QR code (with the drink being an obvious bonus

Was sent the first pic this afternoon from my Daughter. They've been out in the Glencoe neck of the woods for the weekend.
The second pic is what she bought me for my 'significant birthday' last August.
I really need to open this 21 YO, but just haven't had the guts to do it..

IMG-20220220-WA0000.thumb.jpg.4f9a71659d673478f3325b14ca5b3848.jpg
IMG_20220220_175300_resized_20220220_055350252.thumb.jpg.32507fac3e00ef6f02a8138c98c65c07.jpg

The Glengoyne 21 is a fine dram indeed

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I too enjoy this greatly. In all honesty, however, the light colour freaks me out a wee bit.

Aye, the paler colour is a bit weird.... the aroma it gives is fantastic though.

Whisky can be near completely clear and still be good, colour = quality is a myth pedalled by the Macallans of the world. Usually just an indicator of age and wood but dark whisky can be pish as well.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Whisky can be near completely clear and still be good, colour = quality is a myth pedalled by the Macallans of the world. Usually just an indicator of age and wood but dark whisky can be pish as well.

I've had a Linkwood that was nearly like Vodka in appearance. Was one of the tastiest drams I've ever had. Had it quite early on in my whisky years so definitely debunked the myth like you say. 

48 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

I've had a Linkwood that was nearly like Vodka in appearance. Was one of the tastiest drams I've ever had. Had it quite early on in my whisky years so definitely debunked the myth like you say. 

Was it a 15 year old by any chance? Absolute belter of a dram.

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pretty sure a lot of them add colour too dont they?

Aye. More attractive to punters and makes for a consistent product when they're all the same colour (according to the distillers). But there is a good chance most of the malts on supermarket shelves are as pale as that Balblair before the caramel dye goes in.