5 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Treated myself tonight to one of these Deanston Cask strength 13 year old.

Never had one of these Signatory bottles before.

It will be glorious. I have a couple from an earlier vintage. First fill sherry at ridiculous abv. You'll enjoy that.

Treated myself tonight to one of these Deanston Cask strength 13 year old.
Never had one of these Signatory bottles before.

Woooft!

I fancy the Caol Ila one. Quite pricey even for CS but they have a strong reputation.

Got a few winners at Cheltenham this week so will be treating myself i think

When I read that and you said you had a few winners this week, with the prices of some of the winners, you should be shootin' for the top shelf !!

Hope you've faired better than I have, but there's always today ? 

Having to do a fucking zoom murder mystery thing tonight. Nips will be taken to dull the pain of this abhorrence. 

When I read that and you said you had a few winners this week, with the prices of some of the winners, you should be shootin' for the top shelf !!
Hope you've faired better than I have, but there's always today ? 
Today only saw a couple of places so the winnings were eroded slightly. Will still be buying a couple of decent bottles.

Having to do a fucking zoom murder mystery thing tonight. Nips will be taken to dull the pain of this abhorrence. 
How can you be a swinger via zoom? That must be a logistical nightmare.

OH YES !!

That's a lovely dram and not what people expect it to taste like, the word ISLAY tends to put certain folk off.

Just try it !

Picked up a bottle of this Arran release i tried a few years ago, has been long sold out and auction fodder for a while (Luvians have 1 left btw).
As a tribute to the distillery manager i had hoped it would be outstanding and wasn't disappointed. Will tuck away to enjoy in the future.

Also bought a Springbank 10yo as its been unavailable for a long time and I'm missing it badly. ARRAN-JAMES-MACTAGGART-1.jpg

Guest bernardblack

Still fairly new to whisky. Went from a laphroig to an Ardmore, liked both but preferred the latter. 
Anyone with any recommendations for what to try next?

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Had a miniature of the yet-to-be-released Raasay single malt last week, at a tasting event. 

https://raasaydistillery.com/raasay-whisky/raasay-single-malt-inaugural-release/#information

A phenomenal whisky - buy, buy, buy! 

Will wait to see the pricing. If they take the piss with what will be a very young whisky then it will be an easy pass.

I'd have preferred to see what they were able to do without recourse to red wine finishes just yet, although I do love a Bordeaux finished whisky.

I am unashamedly lured in by cool bottles and that bottle is sexy AF.

But I agree with the above. Would have been more tempted by finding out what the essence of the distillery is about rather than how much (admittedly delicious) red wine flavours they can jam into jt

On 01/04/2021 at 14:24, bernardblack said:

Still fairly new to whisky. Went from a laphroig to an Ardmore, liked both but preferred the latter. 
Anyone with any recommendations for what to try next?

Benromach 10 is a gem.  Dalwhinnie 15 is great value.  And almost anything by Bunnahabhain (Islay but not usually peaty).  If you're looking for a light dram, Glen Moray is actually really good despite the very low price point.