whisky lovers

Quite a fan. Really like the sweet & smoky flavour. I like Ledaig 10 but this one just seems to have a sweet, salted caramel taste on top of the peat. 

Interesting. I’ve not tried it since opening about 6 weeks ago. I’m off Wed through to Monday so will see how it goes down.

3 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Bought some whisky today from the SMWS outturn.

A 7 yrs old Glenrothes (After five years in an ex-oloroso butt, we transferred this whisky into a second fill PX butt).at 67.8%

This is going to be full on!!

Got the Glen Scotia and the Clynelish. Never turn down a Clynelish. Was very pissed off to miss out on the Blair Atholl. Had the Glenrothes in my basket but couldn't justify three in the end.

Should start up a P&B buyers club

41 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Got the Glen Scotia and the Clynelish. Never turn down a Clynelish. Was very pissed off to miss out on the Blair Atholl. Had the Glenrothes in my basket but couldn't justify three in the end.

Should start up a P&B buyers club

I've mentioned something similar on here in the past. I'd be perfectly happy sharing samples of stuff people want to try.

Spoiler

tenor.gif

Buyers club sounds more sensible.

4 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Whats involved exactly? Divvy up one bottle and share small samples?

When I worked up in Orkney there was a guy I worked with who ran a few ‘whisky clubs’. He had one where they would divy up a few bottles a month between 26 of them and they would either meet up for a nip or collect samples at later date. He did another where it was just one bottle a month but it was an expensive one. Think he just made sure he got free nips and be left to do all the ordering and sample bottles.

Would be a good idea to do something like this but when I have sent samples before the postage kind of puts you off so might be best to see who’s local first to drop ones off. AlsoThe post office restrict you to two samples per mail for some reason.

When I worked up in Orkney there was a guy I worked with who ran a few ‘whisky clubs’. He had one where they would divy up a few bottles a month between 26 of them and they would either meet up for a nip or collect samples at later date. He did another where it was just one bottle a month but it was an expensive one. Think he just made sure he got free nips and be left to do all the ordering and sample bottles.
Would be a good idea to do something like this but when I have sent samples before the postage kind of puts you off so might be best to see who’s local first to drop ones off. AlsoThe post office restrict you to two samples per mail for some reason.

Yeah, the current situation makes it hard in the short term but sounds good to me.

Which one? Winter's gold is fucking shite.
JWB is a perfectly serviceable blend and I have a lot of time for the green.
I have a bottle of black left having found 3 dotted about in various hidey  holes in my old house. Obviously an alky lived there before or my wife has a habit. She hates whisky though. Had it been vodka i would have been worried.
Tried this last night and it was stunning but a stunning price too 
https://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/johnnie-walker-blue-label-legendary-eight-700ml_R03685561/?previewSize=700ml&cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-FOODHALL-_-JOHNNIEWALKER&POR=Y&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=na_na_pla-b_na_na_na_DOM_PLA-FOODHALL-WINESANDSPIRITS-SHOPTAIL-CSSTEST-W3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8bKui4az7gIVxrHtCh00wgQMEAQYCCABEgKx2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Yes was meaning the Winters Gold and agree 100% hence my moving it to the Johnnie Black cooking / coffee cupboard.

On 30/01/2021 at 22:19, V.Aye.R said:
On 25/01/2021 at 20:39, Scosha said:
Ledaig Rioja cask for me tonight 
60A775EE-E3A4-4606-A6B4-D1FCAA69C2EB.thumb.jpeg.43e38fdb87d88d37ef29bc1d240c386b.jpeg

Enjoying the small sample I've got of this, would take the plunge for a bottle at £35

Didn't think you could get Ledaig/Tobermory these days for that price, might try a bottle of this. 

Don’t ask when tea time is!
It must be a pain in the arse for them tbh. They're not set up to do all their business online and taking flak off wee losers on twitter because they didn't get some limited edition bottle.

People are too used to ticketmaster style websites where your basket is some guarantee you've secured it.

I managed to get one too, you must have been fast like

Tbf if I had an item in my basket and then couldn't complete a purchase I wouldn't be happy either, that sounds like a shit system.

It's also why I don't bother with super limited releases. If I want to buy a whisky I'll just do that rather than feel like I'm in a fucking competition.