whisky lovers

Id actually bought the single purchase at 55 and didnt clock the subscribe & save. Is that an anomaly? It almost always just shows the same price for both.

1 hour ago, V.Aye.R said:
2 hours ago, Peedzy said:

Id actually bought the single purchase at 55 and didnt clock the subscribe & save. Is that an anomaly? It almost always just shows the same price for both.

Cancel the purchase and buy it again.

If you click on subscribe it gives you a one off 10% discount. If you added another 4 items it gives 15% discount, but only for future purchases (not the one you're buying)

Sometimes items only give you a discount if you're subscribing to 5 in total. That's the anomaly you'll have seen.

Then just cancel the subscription once the bottle ships for £50

Edited by Peedzy

Cancel the purchase and buy it again.
If you click on subscribe it gives you a one off 10% discount. If you added another 4 items it gives 15% discount, but only for future purchases (not the one you're buying)
Sometimes items only give you a discount if you're subscribing to 5 in total. That's the anomaly you'll have seen.
Then just cancel the subscription once the bottle ships for £50
Nice one, cheers

I have and it's good but I prefer the 21 and the 15. The 15 is a value buy because it's slightly stronger than the others at 46% as well, I wish Glenfarclas would bottle all their whisky at that abv and above.
The profiles are all pretty similar though, they're all sherried. I think the casks they've used the last couple of years taste a wee bit tired which is a shame. They'll need to cycle them out.
15 is the one i went for in the end. The glenfarclas clan come across like good people to boot [emoji1303]

IMG_9778.jpg

Review of Ledaig Sinclair Series as requested [emoji16]

Visually it looks the part, although significantly lighter in tone than other red wine cask variances I’ve had before.

Nose: the rioja is very subtle, and you’d be forgiven to miss it tbh. A little bit of an old wood smoke coming through which is right up my street and also a bit leathery.

Pallate: don’t get the rioja at all which is disappointing. Never had a Ledaig before so I can’t compare to any of the others. I nice smokiness which isn’t overpowering in the slightest

Finish: rioja comes back in the aftertaste, mixed with a a tad more smoke and saltiness which is pleasant. Finish doesn’t last very long though.

Conclusion: a nice dram which isn’t too complicated. Everything is quite subtle which makes it easy to drink. At the price point i would say there is much better though. If it’s £30 or under I’d be tempted to get it again, but anything over, I’d avoid. An extra year or two in the rioja barrels could have made this a solid 8/10. As it stands it’s a generous 6.5-7 from me.

Underwhelmed.

13 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

IMG_9778.jpg

Review of Ledaig Sinclair Series as requested emoji16.png

Visually it looks the part, although significantly lighter in tone than other red wine cask variances I’ve had before.

Nose: the rioja is very subtle, and you’d be forgiven to miss it tbh. A little bit of an old wood smoke coming through which is right up my street and also a bit leathery.

Pallate: don’t get the rioja at all which is disappointing. Never had a Ledaig before so I can’t compare to any of the others. I nice smokiness which isn’t overpowering in the slightest

Finish: rioja comes back in the aftertaste, mixed with a a tad more smoke and saltiness which is pleasant. Finish doesn’t last very long though.

Conclusion: a nice dram which isn’t too complicated. Everything is quite subtle which makes it easy to drink. At the price point i would say there is much better though. If it’s £30 or under I’d be tempted to get it again, but anything over, I’d avoid. An extra year or two in the rioja barrels could have made this a solid 8/10. As it stands it’s a generous 6.5-7 from me.

Underwhelmed.

Great review. The positives you describe make me want to sample it.

4 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

It’s definitely a pleasant whisky. Maybe once I’ve had 2 or 3 I’ll change my tune a little but that’s my first impressions.

It's amazing how much a whisky can change. Sometimes I'll open  a bottle and be underwhelmed then when I cycle back a month or two later it tastes totally different to how I remember. 

Got a bottle of this for 23 pounds from the local tesco. Good enough to make me really want to try the 12 yo. Maby a little young but really sherried, lots of dried fruit and a bit of vanilla or toffee on the nose.

The taste is quite sweet with lots of christmasssy type spices then a lingering vanilla toffee.

Only down side is as my missus is isolating at home so I've got to stay at my work digs and all I have is a wine glass.

Look forward to trying it in a glencairn. 20201204_215730.jpg

Got a bottle of this for 23 pounds from the local tesco. Good enough to make me really want to try the 12 yo. Maby a little young but really sherried, lots of dried fruit and a bit of vanilla or toffee on the nose.

The taste is quite sweet with lots of christmasssy type spices then a lingering vanilla toffee.

Only down side is as my missus is isolating at home so I've got to stay at my work digs and all I have is a wine glass.

Look forward to trying it in a glencairn. 20201204_215730.thumb.jpg.bdb795fc731e18acfd2cb00dfa9cf803.jpg

Bunnahabhain is my favourite, and the 12yo is pound for pound an absolute gem. Never without it. Going to have one now tbh.

Bunnahabhain is my favourite, and the 12yo is pound for pound an absolute gem. Never without it. Going to have one now tbh.

The 18yo is gorgeous and used to be really good value at about £60 but haven’t had it in years as it’s practically doubled in price since then