whisky lovers

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Came home from a nightshift this morning.

My Glendronach Parliament was lying out.

Seething.

Empty bottle of coke sitting next to it IMO.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aberlour-ABunadh-Highland-Single-numbers/dp/B004CY91AA/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=whisky+lightning+deals&psr=PDAY&qid=1602671846&s=prime-day&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=whisky+l&sr=1-9

Aberlour Abunadh only £59 today on Amazon, which appears cheaper than normal. Never tasted this so picked up a bottle. Lets hope reviews on here to it justice.

17 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Any views on Dalmore 18? Got a chance to buy one at a decent price, I've never tried Dalmore before.

If you have got it a decent price its a no brainer for me. Yet to try a bad Dalmore, usually its pricey so don't buy it too often though.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant bring myself to buy a Dalmore since most of them are 40%. I have an almost pathological resistance to paying for that volume of water even if I have had many good drams at that level.

This. I'll fucking decide how much water a whisky needs.

12 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I don't know Irish cream but i have bought my first bottle of 12 year Old Redbreast. I like it and now I want to try the cask strength.

Redbreast 12 is terrific. A must for any collection. 

I have a 12 yo Powers John's Lane. It's fine.

I don't know why the Irish  bother aging their whisky given the triple distillation just make a them all taste the same. Sweet and smooth. I can see why there is a market for it, it's a pleasant enough drink in it's own right, just not very interesting.

The above is of course sweeping and I would be genuinely interested in good irish whisky. The connamara peated is ok.

My experience is green/yellow spot, powers and a range of Bushmills standard output and it's all a bit samey to me.

I have had a couple of fantastic independent bottling cs Bushmills but then again that's British whisky.

On 16/10/2020 at 10:38, invergowrie arab said:

I have a 12 yo Powers John's Lane. It's fine.

I don't know why the Irish  bother aging their whisky given the triple distillation just make a them all taste the same. Sweet and smooth. I can see why there is a market for it, it's a pleasant enough drink in it's own right, just not very interesting.

The above is of course sweeping and I would be genuinely interested in good irish whisky. The connamara peated is ok.

My experience is green/yellow spot, powers and a range of Bushmills standard output and it's all a bit samey to me.

I have had a couple of fantastic independent bottling cs Bushmills but then again that's British whisky.

Try glendalough pot still.

Glenallachie 9yo cask strength for me this evening. Terrific. 

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bit of a session for me last night which included Benromach 10, Deanston 18, Glen Garioch 26, Cameron Bridge 40 (sublime) & Laphroig 18.

Sounds amazing. Nice whisky is made to be drunk, dont understand these folk scared to get wired in to the good stuff.