1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

20 bottles in a row. Go on then. What's your first one?

Jura 10 I got for Xmas. Ease myself in.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Seeking advice. Usually a rum man but looking to make the sideways step into whisky.

No idea about it apart from liking Laphroig.

Any suggestions on a decent bottle
around £20?

Dalwhinnie any age

Deanston 18 for me tonight. If this is the end of the world I'm going to fucking well enjoy it. 

Just now, CountyFan said:

Deanston 18 for me tonight. If this is the end of the world I'm going to fucking well enjoy it. 

Fine liquid. I love most of what they make anyway but the 18 is really good.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Fine liquid. I love most of what they make anyway but the 18 is really good.

I was all set for a tour there shortly but obviously not happening for a bit. Gonna drink a huge amount of my stash over the next few months, then when this all blows over I can go and spend all the bar money I'm saving on whisky tours! 

Lockdown maltstravaganza continues with the oldest currently open whisky under my roof and another uppity appraisal from me.

Excellently malty and complex as they come. Cereal, banana bread, little bit floral plus with an extra 10 mins of air and a drop of water it also gives you a bit of strawberry jelly and sour apples. 

Bit of a novelty drinking something that was laid down before you were born. Plus it's a bit more viscous than the usual while still being really drinkable at the abv. 

20200321_212356.thumb.jpg.40940ce2d9362d4ebc3b45745588ada6.jpg

Lockdown maltstravaganza continues with the oldest currently open whisky under my roof and another uppity appraisal from me.
Excellently malty and complex as they come. Cereal, banana bread, little bit floral plus with an extra 10 mins of air and a drop of water it also gives you a bit of strawberry jelly and sour apples. 
Bit of a novelty drinking something that was laid down before you were born. Plus it's a bit more viscous than the usual while still being really drinkable at the abv. 
20200321_212356.thumb.jpg.40940ce2d9362d4ebc3b45745588ada6.jpg

Is my eyesight failing or do the bottle numbers not match up.

2 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Is my eyesight failing or do the bottle numbers not match up.

I have literally never noticed that. I have another bottle from the same cask I think will need to check that one and see.

That was the cause of the infraction. Check out the cobwebs on the other box. 20200321_214850.thumb.jpg.017747792983bda18e846ff7d8d97647.jpg

On 22/03/2020 at 16:00, mathematics said:

Glendronach 18 for me last night. Delicious.

Glendronach 12 for me tonight

14 minutes ago, Peedzy said:

Glendronach 12 for me tonight

I see your glendronach , and raise you 21 yo single cask Glenfarclas 

My kids have done my tits in today so I am just going to steam right in here and bludgeon you all to death with a Glendronach 21.

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Its times like this that proves I am absolutely right in having a whisky collection.

Partly why I decided to add Lidl's £18.99 Jura offer when I swung past last night.

Had a 12yo Royal Brackla last night to wash down a 12yo Mortlach though.  The Jura can wait for the visit of friends... some distant day in the future.

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Its times like this that proves I am absolutely right in having a whisky collection.

I view it more of a reservoir than a collection , but yes it brings a small crumb of comfort 

Glendronach 18 cracked open. I fear this isolation could turn me into a whisky fiend, the days all blend together so doesn’t feel like midweek.