whisky lovers

3 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

My old man worked in a distillery and he’s left quite a few limited editions etc. Anyone any idea where the best place to sell them would be (I’m not selling them on here before anyone suggests it)?

Whisky hammer. 

8 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

Went to the back of the Whisky shelf , brought in the new year with a splash of the Daftmill Inaugural release , lovely stuff for the new year ! 

⏪ This stuff here !

Love Daftmill though it's hard getting hold of some now. Prices a bit silly though i'm aware it's a 'boutique' distillery.

Recent Kilkerran 8yo sherry cask is magnificent. Part of the Springbank stable - good guys in the whisky world.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Tried Haig Club for the first time as it was £16 in Tesco, the Beckham adverts put me off. Very bland but quaffable. Horrendous hangover though.

Bought it on Tuesday, the bottle certainly stands out. No better than Bells or Johnny Walker really. Was a Beckham fan tbh. So adverts do the biz.

Anyone paying 100 quid for a watered down 3 year old when Raasay starts production later this year?

I get distilleries have to tick over before full production but thats a pisstake. Fair enough when a new distilery was a rareity but they are all over the place now.

That said, having tasted the new make spirit at Harris  thats going to be worth it.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Anyone paying 100 quid for a watered down 3 year old when Raasay starts production later this year?

I get distilleries have to tick over before full production but thats a pisstake. Fair enough when a new distilery was a rareity but they are all over the place now.

That said, having tasted the new make spirit at Harris  thats going to be worth it.

Not likely , it does put the 95 quid a bottle ( if you can be first in the queue) for Daftmill at 11/ 12 years old into perspective though 

and the Daftmill is at the high end of value for drinking at that price , 3 year old - that’s reserved for the Haig club from the posts above 

On 29/11/2019 at 07:39, Bairnardo said:
On 29/11/2019 at 07:31, Peedzy said:
It really is, I've still got a second one on the go from the last time they had the deal on. The first one didn't last long.

Yeah I have one open and I ordered another this morning. Cant fall off at that price. Usually goes for about 32 and its worth that

Kicking myself that I didn't buy another one when you told me, finished my last drop tonight. I'm too stingy to pay full price even though it's well worth £32.

26 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Didn't realise that Ralfy's whisky of 2020 was the relatively modest Deanston 12yo. Cant argue with him, it's a lovely dram. In fact, I think I might just pour myself one. 

Will always be one of my ‘go to’ whiskies although strangely I was round at my mates last night who is also a big fan but both of us have said our last 12 bottle was lacking somewhat, might have both just got the same under-par batch perhaps. Was still fine but not as rich a finish. Old Pultney used to be bad for consistency as well ( I got a 12 from them once that was strangely rough a f**k) but Im lead to believe they have ironed that out a bit. 
Anyway wasn't going to drink tonight but after this post I now fancy a Deanston.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Will always be one of my ‘go to’ whiskies although strangely I was round at my mates last night who is also a big fan but both of us have said our last 12 bottle was lacking somewhat, might have both just got the same under-par batch perhaps. Was still fine but not as rich a finish. Old Pultney used to be bad for consistency as well ( I got a 12 from them once that was strangely rough a f**k) but Im lead to believe they have ironed that out a bit. 
Anyway wasn't going to drink tonight but after this post I now fancy a Deanston.

Sláinte 

23 hours ago, gannonball said:

I’d only had Old Pulteney 12 once and hated it, so hadn’t had it again for years until this Christmas someone poured me one and it was decent enough. Don’t know if it’s changed at all, or my palate has.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

20 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d only had Old Pulteney 12 once and hated it, so hadn’t had it again for years until this Christmas someone poured me one and it was decent enough. Don’t know if it’s changed at all, or my pallet has.

Probably because you have a scabby wooden transport enabler in your mouth ,( or an old word for a bed )

palette - what a painter ( artist , not decorator uses) 

Palate , the whisky discriminator !

Edited by bishopburn boy