Glengoyne 21 on Amazon for £82. If you like richly sherried whisky get in about that price because I can't remember seeing it below 100 quid before.

Edit to add it's also fucking lovely and I highly recommend it.
Thanks for this, 2 bottles ordered! One for the old man's Christmas.

5 hours ago, GiGi said:

Glengoyne 21 on Amazon for £82. If you like richly sherried whisky get in about that price because I can't remember seeing it below 100 quid before.

Edit to add it's also fucking lovely and I highly recommend it.

I paid £93 for it last year on an Amazon deal. Usually around £120 on Amazon and higher elsewhere. I'm in for another one, it's superb...cheers for that.

Yes they have dropped it from cask last year and 30 years to a standard 40 and 25 years. Heard it is pretty good this year. Certainly decent value as a gift.

21 yo Glenfarclas  at Cask Strength, a Daftmill summer 2008 , and a SMWS renewal offer Royal  Brackla , looking forward to the day , sipping cask strength Glengoyne while I wait !

Cant find that aldi one anywhere (or at least in the two aldi's I was in today. Both said they only got 1 case and it disappeared pretty much immediately). 

Had much more luck with the amazon flash deals - bowmore 15yo for £39.99 and oban 14yo for £38.99 were today's shouts. 

Treated myself to a 16 Glenlivet Nadura, cask strength. Meant to keep it for Christmas but cracked tonight, lovely!

That’s also available as a NAS. It’s completely mediocre.

You made the right choice with the harder to find 16 yo.

Had the Balvennie 17 doublewood last night. Lovely.

Brilliant whisky. Portwood 21 is also brilliant if you want a nice sherry finish to your Balvenie.

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Santa getting the good gear tonight.... 21 year old Glendronach opened just for him.

This is without doubt the finest whisky I* have ever tasted. Absolutely amazing. Smells of coffee and chocolate, even Mrs B noticed it! 

Will be stringing it out for special occassions I think.

*Santa

Merry chrimbo whisky fiends. May you have a good haul today. 

2 really solid bottles for me, Clynelish 14 and a bottle of the Clydebuilt blend. Very pleased with both. 

26 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Merry chrimbo whisky fiends. May you have a good haul today. 

2 really solid bottles for me, Clynelish 14 and a bottle of the Clydebuilt blend. Very pleased with both. 

Clynelish 14 is great. One I have always meant to revisit

Dalmore port wood finish ,Berry bros sherry finish and a litre of OVD dark rum delivered by Santa. Merry Christmas to us all that appreciate a decent dram.

Got a bottle of this waiting for me when I get back on Friday. Had a bottle last year, its decent enough. 2e5e0185811014bf89d8f2552bac57c5.jpeg